Aux Lighting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks Cary I will do that. Would it be easier to take the grill off and route the wires?

Doesn't make any difference about the grill when the hood is up. The whole job only took about 40 minutes including fishing the wires through. Once you pop the hood and see where the stock wiring harness goes next to the top of the radiator, you will see where to route slee wiring harness.

Cary

Recommendation: Run 1/2" split loom through there first and run the Slee harness through the split loom. It doesn't matter how you do it... just use split loom around the harness in the area where it goes by the top of the radiator.
-B-

Convoluted Tubing, actually. 8)

I also run the Hella 80 / 100 watt bulbs in my 96 cruiser & Christo's wiring harness; however, I modified by wiring harness to accept the Hi-beam in the low-beam location.

I used Napa N9005 plugs (has the 2 alignment slots) and wired into the low beam wires.

When I go on runs through Death Valley / So. Cal. Deserts - I plug in my extra set of Hella 100w for extra illumination. I also run an old pair of Hella Rallye 2000 aux pencil beam lights like Cary mentioned.

Joe  :beer:

C-dan,
If you buy it from NAPA it is split-poly loom. 1/2" is part # 737301 for 50 feet.
If you take out a few bolts it is much easier to run the loom. BTW, not to cross threads but this is why one needs to be careful with the horn ground. You can see the center piece that the horns were bolted to (mine are missing) is also just bolted on. Not a particularly good ground.
Bill

How come yer pully's missing? :G

When I worked for the general (GM) it was convoluted tubing. IIRC GM was the first to use the stuff. (everybody is entitled to one good idea)............

Bill,
Other than the oil pan dip stick, our two '97s look completely different under the bonnet. Like entirely different vehicles!

I'll bet the local Toy store cringes when (if?) you bring yours in for them to service. :G
-B-

-B-

I would be delighted to assist you in converting your milk-toast engine compartment into something to be PROUD of 8)

:banana:

PIAA L525-X JDM lights. Basically like the 80XT's in size/brightness, but with a H4 bulb for hi/lo operation and snap on grille (grilles really need to be removed for low beam operation, but can leave it on for high beam). If money is no object, you might consider those Hella ralleye 4000 motorsport HID's for $750 EACH. I couldn't imagine having that much $$$ in lighting sitting on my bumper, though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom