Autohome AirTop Tent (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the further explanation and possible benefit should one choose to purchase. I'll be getting out that way later this summer for a few days and was planning on a visit as I'm interested in possibly purchasing one of these tents in any event.

Besides, I need a Billy's Burger! :D

Here are some shots of a few Maggiolina models. The Airtop, Airland Medium Long, Adventure- Large.

The blue tent is going on 15+ years old now. It has had 3 roof repairs, one interior remodel. The Airtop was a bit fun to close in the wind with one side billowing out (two people make it simple to close). The Airland long worked perfect. Five people, ten nights, dry cozy and well rested. Although I still like the giant Maggiolina (queen size bed) with the electric mattress pad, reading lights and blue interior.
OwyeeIMG_3187.jpg
OwyeeIMG_3264.jpg
OwyeeIMG_3890.jpg

What size Airtop is mounted on the 80?

They sound nice. The UK importer pointed out you lose a little bit of internal width where the rams go in return for gaining the extra internal length with losing the sissor jacks ...

That is a small on the 80. I believe that is what was brought to The Overland Expo.

Thanks for the further explanation and possible benefit should one choose to purchase. I'll be getting out that way later this summer for a few days and was planning on a visit as I'm interested in possibly purchasing one of these tents in any event.

Besides, I need a Billy's Burger! :D
Be sure to give me a shout before you get here so we can get a run in, then grab the Billy Burger you are craving.

I thank Bob (blueHZ60) for posting a couple of the pictures from our recent trip. Here are few answers about the Air Top...

The Air Top opens for sleeping very quickly. It takes a couple of cycles to learn the stowing routine, but if the elastics are connected, doors zipped to nearly closed with the bottom flaps tucked inside the tent, it closes easily - even in the wind. Probably stows in a little less time than the crank style Maggiolina.

While we were traveling, we had some pretty strong night-time winds. They had no effect on any f the tents, and the Air Top held up very well, the sides remaining under good tension without any significant wind noise.

I like rear door very much. Especially convenient when stowing the ladder before closing.

The mattress is SIX FEET, EIGHT INCHES long! The front has a large zippered window, as does the rear door. This provides very good ventilation.

I have always been very partial to the Maggiolina Extreme and used them a lot over the years, but the interior length, head room, rear door and ease of operation have made this tent my favorite.

My 80 with small Air Top
Cruiser_near_GC.JPG

Our three rigs on a playa:
Tres_Hombres.jpg

Chris Cole's very nice 70 series pick-up:
ON_THE_PLAYA.jpg

Thanks.

Looks like a great tent!

"cool tent that ya can rent"====Jackson area is one of my favorite spots on earth.......

There is a Maggiolina Air Top here in Santa Cruz - on a Tacoma. I really like the shape of the top of the tent.

There is a Maggiolina Air Top here in Santa Cruz - on a Tacoma. I really like the shape of the top of the tent.

DD - YOU need one! The mattress is 6'8" long - lots of romp room.

Mexican food?

your right I do need one :)

Mexican yes :idea: - how about tomorrow noon-ish at Tacos Moreno's

or anytime after the 6th?

Pasquale - Sorry - I didn't see your reply until today. Let's get together next week - after the 6th?

M

Pasquale - Sorry - I didn't see your reply until today. Let's get together next week - after the 6th?

M

Why don't you show yourself at OysterFest this coming Saturday Mike? You can show off the AirTop to me and then slurp a few with us ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom