1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

auto trans

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Guest, Feb 10, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I was wondering what the options are for converting to a 300 or 350 trans? I have a friend who would let me have one if I go with a Chev motor. what will it take to convert it to a 3 speed transfer case? does any one know what kind of gearing these have? good for on road bad for off??? strong or not. I dont know much about them

2. Erics75

Erics75

The Turbo 350 or 400 are both great trannys and can be built to handle alot of power. Personally, I prefer an automatic, I used to be a die hard manual tranny fan but I have gotten lazier so it will be a turbo 400 for me. There is a ton of info on chevy swaps so just look through this site, advanced adapters and the web and you will find more info than you could possibly read.

3. lndcrzr71

lndcrzr71

i have a 700r4 in my cruiser and i love it you cant go wrong with the auto 4wheeln or anything you are doing but if you have access to a 400 they are very good trannys. look to advanced adapters for more lnfo

4. megolfer

megolfer

The Fat Kid on here has an adaptor for a th400 to s 3-spped case for sale, and it has the drive lines also. I believe he wanted $300 for it last time I talked to him. &nbsp:Do a search under his name. Its a great deal if you are going to go automatic.

5. Jackson

Jackson

I did a bit of research on auto trannies a while back. Check out this thread. About 1/3 of the way down there is a quick and dirty summary of popular auto trannies.