Aussie fj55 lover hi new to the forum (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey mate, had a couple of questions.. When you did the 2h swap did you have to move engine mounts on the chassis? How did you go about this?

With the gearbox cross member isnt the 55 chassis all boxed in around there so how did you weld in captured nuts to bolt the cross member to?

Also, where and when are the markets? Might be up your way on Sunday :)

Hi the wife will be at the Wynyard foreshore markets this Sunday I'll be at work. With the engine mounts had to cut the 2f ones off and Reweld the 2h ones on and the 5 speed gear box mount had to weld some blocks onto the chassis with threaded holes to bolt the crossmember to

Yeah definitely if you need any bits for your pig let me know we will see what we can do. I've got a mate who has one stripped down as well he won't part it but wants about a grand for it I nearly bought it before I found my white one

Do you know if the aussie 55's got vent surrounds that would actually let air through? I saw a 55 today and am guessing on the gumtree ad for the one i'm checking out tomorrow that its plastic and is sealed.. (if that makes sense)..

I saw another one advertised on gumtree for 800 but its a bit rougher. I'm pretty sure the mrs wont let me drag 2 home.

If you mean the ones on the fender the only ones I've seen have been metal without the holes but a surprising amount of air flows through there inner vents are plastic. Ha-ha I went through three and a half to finish mine

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1447521443.253906.jpg

so just for looks and not for function.. thats not very landcruiser-ish.

They did make open vents in some years. I think when they went to the open vents on the rear quarters they got enough passive ventilation through the cabin when the Pig was going down the road...

I thought that the passenger side fed air to the heater and the drivers side was intake... in US at least.

Took the drawers out cavernous is how it feels now. I had a tyre delaminate on me and the spare I had was a different offset didn't notice it rubbing until I took my sister for a spin, fixed now got another tyre and a spare that will fit.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1453753904.578164.jpg

My extractors have cracked I've got another set coming going to put a flex joint in the exhaust and put the larger exhaust on that I made for the red one. And the glow plug relay I had installed a while ago is playing up its not shutting the motor off with the key going to take it back to the auto sparky next week. It's always something it is forty this year though. Oh and got some good quality speakers and bridged the amp I can now have the windows down and hear the stereo nice and clear.

Just picked the cruiser up from auto-sparky the edic control box was mounted under bonnet and had got water in it he dried it out and mounted it in the cab. Then I dropped it at matts to get the new extractors and exhaust mounted while I'm at work. Little steps!

Hi guys been following along just haven't posted for awhile. Got my extractors and exhaust put in but wasn't happy with exhaust as it had a solid mount at the rear which when the car was warm and stopped at lights it would vibrate the whole car. So I took it to an exhaust shop and they put some rubber mounts and a flange just behind muffler and a dump end so it doesn't blow black stuff up the side of the car. I got the fuel tank venting properly also. This last week I got a new brake master cylinder as the old one was leaking around the switches at the bottom and the front passenger side brake calliper was leaking so got a seal kit put in and new pistons as they were badly rusted. The 2h is getting 14 litres per 100 kms which I'm quite happy with. Tyres and rims next. In non landcruiser related news I found out I have an older sister my mom had her when she was 19 and adopted her out times were very different in them days and a child out of wedlock wasn't done. Mom didn't even know it was a girl until last week. My sister and I are looking forward to meeting her next month. We go through life losing so many family and friends it is really nice to gain.

Congratulations! How cool is that, meeting a new family member. It's funny how people kept things quite back then. I didn't find out that my parents were married to other people until after my Mother died. it was before WWII. Enjoy such a great gift!

Got the s***s with the cruiser this week and parked it up for a couple of days. The stereo was playing up one of the speakers stopped working so I took it back to were I bought it they tested it and it worked so I put it back in. It worked fine for about half hour then one stopped altogether and the other just the tweeter was working. I went through and replaced all the speaker wires and power wires and earth and it still wouldn't work so I went back to the stereo shop and one speaker wouldn't work there and the other only the tweeter was working they couldn't explain it so they replaced them both. I think it was the earth but I don't know it was really doing my head in. Anyway it's back in the good books so I took her out and played in some mud

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom