August long trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone interested in an August long trip? I don't care where but want to get out!

Think I am going to be heading to the Crows Nest area on the 31st if anyone is interested.

Roger the need to get out. What do you have in mind for crowsnest?
head down on Friday the 31st...find a place to camp either on a trail or up a back road. wheel Saturday and Sunday..depending how everyone feels head back Sunday evening or Monday. I am not super familiar with the area but picked up the Quad Squad map when I was camping there Canada Day.

Ok, I've never wheeled there either but we should be able to get up to something. I think fjtent and utopoo may be interested, I'll run it by them.

few guys from Edmonton will be coming too. looking forward to it.

I wanted to do the plane crash trail but Peter (behemoth60) remembered it having a couple of pucker factor obstacles and our group had a couple stock trucks so we skipped it.

Last edited:
Yeah, I got that impression too.

Going to be leaving Edmonton around 3pm. Can meet any guys in Red Deer or Calgary on the way down.
who all is in?

Jerrmy, you still in?

Will post where to meet in Calgary on the way down once we figure it out. Be leaving Edmonton around 3 so be rolling through Calgary at 530 6 ish.

Last I heard from Jeremy was he is in, he was planning on meeting up in Calgary. Great to hear you're joining Gherra! There is the possibility David will also be coming, he will update us tomorrow. The Edmonton crew is coming through Stoney Trail so we can all met somewhere in the South along their intended route.

I also want to make sure everyone is aware of the new gear requirements, this is a something we're implementing on all club runs so I urge you all to review and discuss. Minimum and recommended gear requirements can be found here.

As for this weekend, wheeling will be at an intermediate level. Mandatory general trail gear applies, no exceptions! It is highly advised you have the recommended additional gear found under general wheeling for this trip, as it will be above a beginner level.

I'm looking forward to meeting up with everyone and seeing some new faces, let's go have some wheeling fun!

So the plan is to meet at the Shell station in Copperfield on the SE side of town. Should be 530 / 6ish but will text Corey once we are on the road from Edmonton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom