1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auburn Locker??????

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by isozelmonic, Sep 15, 2003.

1. isozelmonic

isozelmonic

Has anybody out there heard of Auburn locker for a fj40? Are they any good? What type of locker is it? Is like the detriot where it is on all the time?

2. woody

woody Internet Fireman Staff Member

Media:
    Aubusn is a cone-style limited slip. I ran one in my front axle for a couple years and HATED it. Like any limited slip, with there is "some" traction to both tires, it's great. When you really WANT it to work offroad, it's 100% useless.

For rear use in a daily driver, it would be fine, and transparant. IMO, spend similar money on a No Slip or Detroit or something...you'll be much happier on the trails.

3. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

Some guys in my club run ARB's in the back and an Auburn up front and swear by it. I'm gonna stick with lockers F&R.

4. rusmannx

rusmannx

i'm going to go welded rear, and aussie up front.
    i figure when i'm not engaged i'll never know its up there anyway.

5. SPRDAV

SPRDAV

I did something a little different. I went with a Lockright up front and an ARB in back. I figure if my air system goes down for any reason I still have a mechnical locker in the front to get me out of a stich. Tight corners are somewhat of a problem, but I turn the rear off and it stops pushing the front evenly and enables me to complete the corner. Works Great. Figured out that one at Naches in Washington, near Yakima.