ATSs or MTRs??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Eric, if the dog food fund is depleting the cruiser fund too much, you could look into Dunlop or other choices. I saw some 305's that were around a hundred bucks a copy.

Just a thought.

that picture is not of the Xterrains, its of a yokohama geolander MT, great tire also had them on an fj-40 but they wear twice as fast as an MTR, super soft great for rocks and directional so you'll need two spares! :D

[quote author=Bradass80 link=board=2;threadid=4536;start=msg34197#msg34197 date=1061585076]
that picture is not of the Xterrains, its of a yokohama geolander MT, great tire also had them on an fj-40 but they wear twice as fast as an MTR, super soft great for rocks and directional so you'll need two spares! :D
[/quote]

Oops.... :-[

-H-

If you really want to buy mt/r's, then look for used ones. There are local guys selling their's all the time. Just look around and you'll find them. They must eventually have seen the light. :flipoff2:

[quote author=erics_bruiser link=board=2;threadid=4536;start=msg34089#msg34089 date=1061573684]
-- I drive 90% on-road,

[/quote]

For that 90%, I would go with the BFG T/A KO. I recently drove a 4x4 van with MT/R and they were very noisy compared to my BFG All terrains.

Another comparison that was a biggee for me was that the MT/R's didn't feel nearly as stable as the T/A KO's when going into a curve at 70 mph. The MT/R's felt wobbly - the T/A's felt solid.

So the big ? is - what's the other 10% going to be like. If you don't need the MT/R's to save your butt sometime during the other 10% - my humble recommendation is not to buy them.

As for appearances, the new design BFG All Terrain is a very aggresive looking tire considering it's mild manners. Certainly not as cool looking as a Swamper, but then there's the little matter of the 90%.

Ed

[quote author=DRTDUCK link=board=2;threadid=4536;start=msg34282#msg34282 date=1061605283]
If you decide to go with A/Ts get the BFG variety.
If you decide to go with M/Ts get the GY variety, or these
[/quote]

I agree with the above.

On a side note:
Goodyear MT/R stands for Maximum Traction/Reinforced. They are not desirable tires in the mud but out here in Arizona, on the rocks, they are superior to anything BFG mass markets (excluding the little known krawler).

its of a yokohama geolander MT
yea,those yoko's look real good but are NOT available in the size you are looking for.....i tried to find some but they jump from 265/75 to 315/75,no 305/70 available(tire rack)good prices though......

i ended up with the PRO-COMP X-TERRAINS in 305/70 and i am happy with them.......

doug

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom