Area Codes and Prefixes! Telephone Number Tracking?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Spoon671, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Spoon671

Spoon671

I searched all over this forum desperately, up and down front to back a to z, I even started at z and worked my way back to a! I am not one of those wierdos that can say their abc's backwards fast. [​IMG]

Anyway, I live in the 831 area code, central coast area of California. There is a telephone number that's been bugging me on my cell phone. The telephone number is (831) 297-XXXX. I am not including the last four, for obvious reasons. I just might disclose the full number later, depending on what I find. Now, before I go to my service provider and get charged for whatever service they might be able to offer in such a sitchiation, I want some input from you all. Where can I go to track this number? What area is this 297 prefix from anyhow? Any websites/utilities I can use to obtain information about who owns this telephone number?

EDIT: I have used the NPA/NXX search utility and found that this is a cell phone and registers in the Hollister, CA area and is serviced out of T Mobile. If anyone can help me get a last name for this guy, I would be extremely appreciative.

Thanks, Justin! [​IMG]

2. Spoon671

Spoon671

The guys name is Alex. I found that much out. I need a last name for this guy. What's the best way to go about this? Do any of you have hookups over at a T Mobile store?

And no, I am not going to call him. I do not want to give him an opportunity to strategize against what I might have planned, depending on who this guy is. I am sure you all understand my position. Thanks in advance.

Justin ;)

3. Jman

Jman

Have you tried a reverse phone directory? Doesn't work all the time, but for regular numbers it's pretty good.

4. Jman

Jman

LOL. :D

Actually, there are 10,000 numbers (0000 to 9,999) :D

5. Spoon671

Spoon671

The reverse phone directories all charge money. Might you know of any utility/website that might be free? OOH! Do you know anyone who works at T Mobile?

-Justin