Are my lockers working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yo, B-,

At least it wasn't "gayowulf" ::)

>> How come I never heard about you in High School? <<
You obviously slept through high school too. To all you young kiddies that have mom and dad buying you the best vehicle on earth: Pay attention in English Lit 'cause the Wulf will be giving a pop quiz at the end of the 1st semester.
(That oughta get a few tail feathers ruffled. Hee hee.)

>> Break out the coconut scent! <<
Thanks Rick, that reminds me I need to get a fresh can before Friday. I love the smell of that stuff.

>> At least it wasn't "gayowulf" <<
Based on the rest of his grammar, that may have been the intent; he just misspelled that too. :D

-B-

(Wondering... if the kids aren't reading Beowulf then what are they teaching them in high school? ? ? Candy?)

In my English class, we skipped Beowulf in order to read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. (no kidding) Man, my English teacher was weird. Well, I least I know who Phaedrus is. BTW, that guy hasn't posted here in a while. ???

Hijack over
:D :D

[(Wondering... if the kids aren't reading Beowulf then what are they teaching them in high school? ? ? Candy?)]

I tried to find what a Beowulf was and all I could find was an 50 cal AR upper receiver. I didn't know thay tought GUNS in school?
kurt

once again, this is over my head ???

>> once again, this is over my head <<

That's OK Kurt. We've already figured out that you didn't sleep through high school, you skipped it. ;)

Check this site if you care to see what you missed:
http://www.lone-star.net/literature/beowulf/

-B-

Well, I skipped most of my first four years of high school, but I have been attending pretty regularly for the last 8.
I have a English teaching certification from MI and IL, two of the hardest states to get a cert in, and I have never read Beowulf. :D
Maybe I oughtta read it sometime.

...and the hijack is far from over...

Well Guys,

Sorry to create such a big deal by my misspelling of someone's name. The truth is i was in a rush to get out of the house and get to work which brings up something i wanted to mention for Geowulf. Please dont make an unfair assumptions that younger guys with cruisers are getting everything paid for by out parents because that is certainly not the case. I work hard for my cruiser stuff and people shouldnt think otherwise. Also i'm sorry i dont know who Geowulf is but it is true, the public school system pretty much sucks and is in need of some serious help. just this year for the 2 days before a final exam we spent everyday watching dazed and confused along with bill and teds amazing adventure.......what a waste, nevertheless thanks for the help with the lockers...get umm working and that thing is sweet fully locked

>> Please dont (sic) make an unfair assumptions (sic) that younger guys with cruisers ... <<

Cruiserhead05,
Lighten up. This section on ih8mud is filled with subtle humor, brutal humor, puns, intellectual humor, juvenile humor, (no offence Junk) British humour, and just about everything but vulgar humor thank goodness.

-G-
(Just for you Bubba. :D)

You obviously slept through high school too.

When I wasn't doing other things instead... :D

Suffering through the humor is the price you pay for all of the valuable information and the Beonese ::)

[quote author=Beowulf link=board=2;threadid=3973;start=0#msg29661 date=1059630312]
>> once again, this is over my head <<

That's OK Kurt. We've already figured out that you didn't sleep through high school, you skipped it. ;)

Check this site if you care to see what you missed:
http://www.lone-star.net/literature/beowulf/

-B-

[/quote]

I still think Beowulf50 works better,as you have a large bore and pack a big punch :D
http://www.gunblast.com/50Beowulf.htm
kurt

Who wrote Beowolf? I could look it up but im lazy. I haven't read it yet. Hopfully I wont.
Cruiserhead05,
Lighten up. This section on ih8mud is filled with subtle humor, brutal humor, puns, intellectual humor, juvenile humor, (no offence Junk) British humour, and just about everything but vulgar humor thank goodness.

Also just to add, also Wittisisms(SP?). Err thats what my english teacher calls them.

[quote author=Gumby link=board=2;threadid=3973;start=0#msg29682 date=1059654148]
Well, I skipped most of my first four years of high school, but I have been attending pretty regularly for the last 8.
I have a English teaching certification from MI and IL, two of the hardest states to get a cert in, and I have never read Beowulf. :D
Maybe I oughtta read it sometime.

...and the hijack is far from over...
[/quote]
I read it this year as a sophmore. Some of it in the native olde english.
Private school..... ::)

[quote author=Jon916996748 link=board=2;threadid=3973;start=30#msg29722 date=1059678921]
Who wrote Beowolf? I could look it up but im lazy. I haven't read it yet. Hopfully I wont. Also just to add, also Wittisisms(SP?). Err thats what my english teacher calls them.
[/quote]
We have no idea who wrote it, however the oldest copy we have was transcribed by an English monk some point after Christianity came to the isles because there are numerous references to Christianity that were not in the original text. The Christian references are the reason that we still have the text, it managed to survive the burnings of non-Christian texts in the Middle Ages by having enough Christian references to get through, also the probable reason we do not have an original copy without the references to Christianity.
Want to know anything else? ::)

If it is British lit. then I'm gonna have to read it in my EnglishIV-ap class :-\. Oh well. It won't be as bad as reading B's posts.

[quote author=Jon916996748 link=board=2;threadid=3973;start=30#msg29780 date=1059701009]
If it is British lit. then I'm gonna have to read it in my EnglishIV-ap class :-\. Oh well. It won't be as bad as reading B's posts.
[/quote]
If I remember correctly it may have been written in England originally, however, the story is about the more northern Danes (Hence Beowulf the Dane.) So its kind of a toss up. I would actually be suprised if you read it in English 4 AP, normally (at least around here) its read as a sophmore or freshman, its really rather easy reading (provided your not reading the original text-that suckers' a beeatch.)

Ya, you're probably right. Hopfully. And you're in GA not SC, SC edukation standards are uhhhhhh well not up to par with other states. lol jk jk. Im quite proud of my Public Schooling.

Some people might think comparing GA and SC public schooling is like comparing Land Rovers and Range Rovers.....It doesn't matter cause they both suck :D

ROFL. Ya, I agree, however SC is getting much better. And yall have some good colleges, Georgia Tech is one I'm considering. Course can't keep up with USC or Clemson 8).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom