ARB Intensity - "knockoff" or "unbranded" versions. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

danadog

Storm Trooper
Threads
Website
www.minipi.com
Anyone out there have any experience with the unbranded ARB Intensity lights? They appear to be identical except for the ARB logo. Are they unbranded lights or are they cheap knockoffs?

Got a link?
Are they $700 per light?

And yes the ARB's are $725 per light. The unbranded or knockoffs are like $500 for a pair. I was just hoping someone out there has some experience of the quality of the knockoffs/unbranded units.

While they aren't super cheap ($500 vs $100), they are sold as a pair and have more lumens than the ARB.
I'd roll the dice.

I just can't see paying $700 per light for the ARB units.

Not so long ago was a guy in the 80 section with a pair of Aurora lights .. dunno if they are copy of ARB but looking exactly the same, owner said they were Aurora brand .. and they were black ( even better to me .. don't like the red ).

I would like to have a set .. just as probably many others can't justify 1500 bucks in lights ..

here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aurora-7-Ro...g-Beam-OUT-SHINES-ARB-INTENSITY-/141220833362

They are way, way cheaper ($130 per light) on Aliexpress.com and you can get them in either the red or black.

Wow look at that, the chinese factory even copied the ARB logo, changing it to LED. LOL

I have wired up both, genuine arb first then the knockoffs a month later. I did not mount the arb's, only wired them, so cant comment on the brackets, however the knockoffs looked to be very good quality and fitted up well.

The light output on the 185w knockoffs looked brighter to me, both were tested on same stretch of road, not sure what wattage the arb's were.

It looked like they came out of the same factory, little things like the small raised ridge around the arb logo was exactly the same on the knockoff.

Only thing i would like to try on both is a submersion test

Those look like a good deal too! They are just 1/2 the wattage of the ones that I posted a link to. 96W vs 185W.

Those look like a good deal too! They are just 1/2 the wattage of the ones that I posted a link to. 96W vs 185W.

You are correct, so how wants to be the guinea pig! I do not mine spending the money if I get what it looks like,I just do not like to spend and get a lesser product and then the great deal seems like a waste of money!

I had a moment of weakness and ordered a pair of the 96w knock offs. I will report back once they arrive.
That is so freaking awesome!

Please let us know how much you like them, since I have money burning in my pocket!

Got the lights today, which in its own way is kind of impressive that it only took a week and a half for it to get here from Shanghai. First Impression:
  • Packaging was sufficient and the lights made it here completely unscathed.
  • Lights are stout, they feel as well built as my Hella 4000's. One of the lights had a few minor scuffs. A few of the bolts holding on the front ring of one of the lights needed a little tightening. The lens covers are ridiculously hard to get off, although it looks like the ARB lens covers should fit which is cool.
  • There were no deutsch connectors included, so I will wire them with the same connector as my Hella's to make the swap easier. They did include cheap wiring harness.
  • I am very tempted to fully submerge them to test the IP68 rating while I am still in the fully refundable time window.
  • Briefly wired them up and they are freaking bright, but the real test will be to see how well they throw a beam long distance. For comparison the LED are suppose to put out 7800 lumens each, and the Hellas around 2600 lumens, the Hi beam HIR around 2400 lumen and my HIR low beams around 1900 lumens.

Lights
by blindranger, on Flickr

Lights2
by blindranger, on Flickr

Hopefully I will fully mount them tomorrow and get some good shots out in the wilds.

Last edited:
Mad Matt, they look bright! What ebay seller did you source them from? Sunyee-int?

I bought them straight off of AliExpress. They were over 50% off at the time, so I was able to get a pair for the price of one regularly priced light! Throw in the free shipping from China and I thought it was worth the risk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom