ARB fitted over BJ74 factory PTO Winch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys,

I hope a few of our Aussie friends see this and have some knowledge.

As you know, the front porch on the stock BJ74 stainless bumper w factory PTO sticks out one hell of a long way. You could set up a chair or two and have a chat with friends.

Has anyone successfully fitted the ARB over the factory PTO winch without cutting the drive shaft and/or repositioning the winch?

All the extensions, stainless fascia, etc, would have to be removed. The fairlead rollers look like they add 4 inches to the "porch" - the amount of space that would be saved if they are removed and replaced on the exterior of the ARB.

Anyone?

Thanks,

Bruce
A2B
Tsawwassen, British Columbia, Canada.

Hi Bruce, i have fitted an alloy bull bar over the factory pto winch . my bj74 had the same veranda on the front. unbolted the lot got an alloy winch bar and fitted it . had to drill hole for handle and ended upn with a bit of extra space not unlike my old bj42 with thomas winch. cheers jim.

I was considering the ARB with my HJ61 and PTO winch. Anyone done this one?

I was considering the ARB with my HJ61 and PTO winch. Anyone done this one?

Don't know, but interested in doing this myself. I too really dont like the front cow catcher. I guess one of us will have to buy one and make it fit eh?

just out of curiosity has anyone managed to pull this off yet? Im in the same boat..... and would really like to know how much of a PITA is it to mount the ARB bull bar to the BJ74 W PTO...

Did this ever get resolved? I'm about to be in the EXACT situation.

The Dude on here has a rig he's named Marmaduke. it's a HJ61 and he had an ARB bumper and he fitted his oem pto winch to it. he later went to a custom bumper set up but his rig of the week in the 60 forum shows how he did both set up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom