1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ARB bumper signals

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by fj40crusher, Jun 4, 2003.

1. fj40crusher

fj40crusher

How do the turn signals in the ARB bumper wire into the stock? I haven't really looked into it yet, do they plug into existing or do I need to do a little splicing?

2. moralien

moralien

Not really sure. I got my arb second hand and there was only one light in it. There was however a plug but since there is no light in the factory bumper i would think it would be a splice job. FWIW I just 86'd the lights and left the amber piece in place. Have been running around with it that way for a year now with no worries.

3. tiorio

tiorio

It's a splice. I used marine spade connectors soldered with heat shrink. Haven't had a problem yet (knock on wood)...

4. Rogue

Rogue

I have the light housings attached with the wiring taped onto the inside of the bumper. They work more like reflectors for me because I am just too dang lazy to get under there and hook them up.

5. fj40crusher

fj40crusher

This is what I have done too. ::)

I need to get off my ass and just splice them in I guess :slap:

6. Hltoppr

Hltoppr SILVER Star

Media:
    Port of Indecision...otherwise Northern Arizona
    They're super simple and splice into the turn signals with the supplied connectors. I know Slee does his differently, and less bootyfabed than that, but the splices have always worked for me.

-H-

7. BigMac

BigMac SILVER Star

My ARB Bull Bar's turn signal lights came with a wiring harness that was long enough to reach common ground points on both sides of the engine compartment, just behind the radiator. I spliced the positive leads into the existing turn signal wiring, then wrapped them in electrical tape and tie wrapped them. With the Kaymar rear bumper, I'm up to 4 bulbs per side now and the factory flasher still works fine. I'm holding my breath to see what happens when I plug my trailer in - and I want to evetually add flashing side marker lights.

Anybody successfully flashing 10 or 12 bulbs total with the factory flasher, or have a part number for a heavy duty or electronic flasher that will plug right in and hack such a load? Thanks, BigMac

8. landtank

landtank SILVER Star

Bigmac,
    When I plugged inmy trailer I fried my module. Got an aftermarket and tried it. Didn't fry the aftermarket module but still didn't work correctly until I removed the rear bumper lights.

9. Beowulf

Beowulf

BigMac,
    When are we going to see pics of your new rig?
    -B-
    (Sorry for hijacking this thread)

10. BigMac

BigMac SILVER Star

Got it for action, B, please stand by....
    BigMac