Arabian Cruiser Roll Call (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Mcladin, you could just sell him one of yours... :)

Seriously though, how do I get some of that neat Arabian Cruiser swag. Really digging the club logo.

-Geoff

Didn't hear that first part : p

Will post them up here once we have the first lot done.

Looking to make Caps, Tees, Stickers and Overalls for home wrenching.

Hi Robert ,

Welcome to Arabia Toyota Country.

Are you looking for a project fj40 or a fj40 that you buy change the filters and oils and drive ?

It all depends on your budget. With all the interest from the west, Yemen and East Africa for all the old cruisers I'm afraid prices are going up and quality is going down.

I would assume you work for a big company. If so ask around some of the locals at work to sort you out. I'm sure one of them knows someone with a cruiser for sale.

You can always check online. There are a few options but I would rather see the cruiser before buying it. Other people's quality standards might not match yours.

Saying that I've bought one online but had a Friend go check it and another one by phone but through a trusted source.

Good luck

I'm not really looking for a project as I don't have the time or facilities to work on it. I hoping to do basic maintenance and enjoy, the more original the better. I've ask around at work but most have never seen an FJ40 especially in the Eastern Provence. Any help finding one would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I'm not really looking for a project as I don't have the time or facilities to work on it. I hoping to do basic maintenance and enjoy, the more original the better. I've ask around at work but most have never seen an FJ40 especially in the Eastern Provence. Any help finding one would be much appreciated.

Thanks

K I'll keep an eye out for you.

Any idea of budget ?

Thanks to Honger and the rest of you for contributing to this thread. It helped me understand that I am not crazy. :D

My daily driver a VXR V8 1999 - Station UZ100L. Will post more pics but thats me up on Jabal Jais. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jabal_Al_Jais).

My desert toy currenty is my 2012 FJ Cruiser with ATRAC and rear diff locker. I love this car as I learned to "walk" in liwa and arrada (Qua, Wagan, Bu Tais) in this car....

I am hoping we all can set up our own forum here in UAE / GCC with some many of us sharing the passion and have an annual meet.

Looking at all those FJ 40's i wish the bug had hit me earlier...I spent 10years in Saudi (Jeddah and Dammam) in a mall car and regret every bit of it now.

Have picked up two FZJ 80's in the price of one from a kind benefactor who is pushing off to the UK....so these will be my project cars this year. :cheers::steer:

LC2.jpg

FJCruiser.jpg

Thanks to Honger and the rest of you for contributing to this thread. It helped me understand that I am not crazy. :D

My daily driver a VXR V8 1999 - Station UZ100L. Will post more pics but thats me up on Jabal Jais. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jabal_Al_Jais).

My desert toy currenty is my 2012 FJ Cruiser with ATRAC and rear diff locker. I love this car as I learned to "walk" in liwa and arrada (Qua, Wagan, Bu Tais) in this car....

I am hoping we all can set up our own forum here in UAE / GCC with some many of us sharing the passion and have an annual meet.

Looking at all those FJ 40's i wish the bug had hit me earlier...I spent 10years in Saudi (Jeddah and Dammam) in a mall car and regret every bit of it now.

Have picked up two FZJ 80's in the price of one from a kind benefactor who is pushing off to the UK....so these will be my project cars this year. :cheers::steer:

I'm afraid to say you are crazy but among similarly crazy people hahahaha

I also wished I got the bug earlier in life or actually no I'm glad I had a life before cruisers.

Cruisers have saved me from life to be honest and I'm glad to be a cruiser head.

Yes look forward to meeting you all and your cruisers one day.

All the best

Cruiser Mo : )

Hi All

Justin here, late to the party as usual.

I live in Qatar and have a 06 UZJ100 VXR. OME suspension, 35' BFG's, spacers, RR, Light bar, Dual Battery, DIY awning and a whole bunch of ther small things. Obligatory picture:

I am absolutely in love with your 40's and have wanted a project 40 shorty for the last 10 years but have never had the finance to back up a project build. I have just finished the complete restoration of an 1987 Honda FL350 for some fun in the dunes.

Start:
Half Way:
Finished:

Ok, finally got an opportunity to showcase my two babies here. Meet the LC's. The Emerald Green is no 1 GCC spec 10th Month 1996 model with e -difflock front and rear and sun roof etc. am looking to replace that front bumper with a Winch and Bumper soon. She's done a sweet 150K and was lying in a shed in Ajman with ex sakoor help of some Shekh. It was being used to fly and train Falcons. Has seen some abuse so a restoration project is on.

The beige LC is a 7 month 1997 LC with limited slip differentials. Wa owned by a British expat who used it extensively for work between AD and DxB. So it's has seen some Kms 308K.

Both cars are in superb running condition with little or no rust underneath.

These babies are occupying by full attention as of now.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433004300.550942.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433004316.042519.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433004327.773049.jpg

I'm afraid to say you are crazy but among similarly crazy people hahahaha

I also wished I got the bug earlier in life or actually no I'm glad I had a life before cruisers.

Cruisers have saved me from life to be honest and I'm glad to be a cruiser head.

Yes look forward to meeting you all and your cruisers one day.

All the best

Cruiser Mo : )

Oh man, you are not going to do my bank account any favors! I have been absolutely dieing to do a FJ40 reso for about the last 8 years but have never been able to get a good old one at a low low price. Over here in Qatar you would be lucky if you found anything for under 100,000 riyal.

If you ever come across an old buggered FJ40 for sale PLEASE let me know. I would be happy to rebuild the engine from the bottom up and do a body of chassis restoration so it can be REALLY rough as long as the body isn't too badly rustd. My budget is LOW as I would prefer an old one I can rebuild over 2 years and put the cash into the rebuild rather than the purchase.

Please PLEASE do let me know if you come across anything, I can jump in the 100 and be within KSA in about 6 hours so Im dead serious about picking one up!

Super pics. Saeed. Congratulations on a great ride. The front dashboard looks like it's belongs to a jet air plane. mabrook on a great car

How are you guys
I'm mohammed
From Saudi Arabia
Dammam city
Nice post her
&nice rig
I have toyota
land cruiser 100 series
2006 with 1fz-fe 4500 efi
6 Cyrndel in line
& manual transmission
Full time 4wd
OME 2.5 lift
255 / 90 / 16 sand tire 900
Arb front and rear bumper
Custom roaf rack
Auxiliary battery for fridge freezer with cump light
IMG_٢٠١٥٠٨٢٣_٠٠٤٠١٩.jpg
IMG_٢٠١٥٠٩١٤_٠٣١٧١٠.jpg

How are you guys
I'm mohammed
From Saudi Arabia
Dammam city
Nice post her
&nice rig
I have toyota
land cruiser 100 series
6 Cyrndel in line
& manual transmission
Full time 4wd
OME 2.5 lift
Custom roaf rack
View attachment 1139577 View attachment 1139576
Nice cruiser

Great looking car. Not easily available as its a favorite with the locals here. Manual transmission [emoji7]

How are you guys
I'm mohammed
From Saudi Arabia
Dammam city
Nice post her
&nice rig
I have toyota
land cruiser 100 series
6 Cyrndel in line
& manual transmission
Full time 4wd
OME 2.5 lift
Custom roaf rack
View attachment 1139577 View attachment 1139576

Yes, very nice indeed. And I agree with Mosalf on the manual tranny... :bounce:

That 1fz-fe on your 100s will be the latest version right? (No distributor but electric coils? )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom