For Sale Aqualu 18" stretched FJ40 body build project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Back on the market - life happens and I'll never get to finish this amazing project.

Located in Highlands Ranch, CO

Looking for $15k - open to trades, trailers, other Land Cruisers - need to be running, no project rigs this time in my life.

Well....It saddens me to have to possibly let this project go, but some recent life events cause me to evaluate stuff....and some things in life just have to take a 'back-seat' sometimes. Unfortunately right now, my "Project FJ84" is the last thing I can afford to continue, and the most expensive thing on my chopping block.

Major points to note:

*** Aqualu 18" stretched FJ40 body, complete from cowling and windshield frame along with drop-down storage tailgate. Here's a link to Aqualu's website. http://www.aqualu.com/fj40-bodies--cowls.html The body was custom-made for this project, but it'll fit on any FJ40 lengthened chassis. It is truly a work of metal-art.

*** Full RedLine cage with 2" DOM tubing - needs to be welded, but it is complete and mocked-up.

*** 5 aluminum beadlock wheels - 4 - 37" Mickey Thompson tires - few trails left in 'em. The spare tire is just a 33" roll around - but it's there.

*** New ARB Bullbar - new style

*** FJ80 chassis - shortened to 107" wheelbase - clean and bare- needs welding of body mounts, motor mounts, and needs to be completed welding on the stretched area portion.

*** I also am looking to sell all wiring, and everything project related, along with the 91' 3FE from my FJ80 - which was to be the power plant for this build.

*** Front bucket seats are MasterCraft - Red and Black carbon
*** Rear seat is MasterCraft 40" or so - big enough for 2 kids

I'm asking $15K for it - all reasonable offers will be considered- and I'll even help deliver it, if need-be. Open to trades, like I mentioned - but can't do any projects.

Also for sale is my flatbed trailer - dual 3500lb axle - asking 2K for it - separately. Included with the sale of the rig if it works out. Front and rear electric brakes and good tires.

Last edited:
I've attached a few photos here.

image-1097744338.jpg

image-665688481.jpg

image-3702249431.jpg

image-2618807963.jpg

3-FE out of my FJ80 - full maintenance receipts on this motor included. No transmission, but bellhousing for H55 or H42 tranny setup ready.

Also full un-cut wiring harness from the 80, complete is included

I'm including TONS of FJ40 parts - pretty much anything cruiser-related that's in my storage is going with this project.

Also may be able to include an engine hoist / cherry picker and possibly an 18' flatbed auto-trailer.

Email me and we can discuss the options.

image-583402926.jpg

Bump for a sick project. Good luck with the sale.

This dream project was put back up for sale - 5/27/14

Last edited:
Just an update...
The rig wasn't sold in the end as anticipated, with good intentions on both mine as well as the prospective buyer's sides- so no hard feelings either way. If it does need to be sold in the future, Orange45 has first right to it as promised

Best of luck in 2013 for everyone on Mud!!

Georg - you want to chime-in on this one? You're the first one to get a crack at it.... like I promised.

Last edited:
Whats with Georg and aluminum tubs! :)

This is back up for sale - looking for interest.

The TRD wheels are no longer with it, however, it'll come with a set of 17" aluminum beadlocks mounted with some really worn 37" Mickey Thompson's with a few trails left in 'em.

The full cage was fabbed up by the guys at RedLine in Colo Spgs, Co. AMAZING cage - needs to be welded - but it is tacked in currently.

Asking $15k for the project - complete and as it sits. Also a 18' flatbed auto trailer is for sale as well - $2k worth for that alone - but must be sold after or when the project is sold....as it's acting as storage for the majority of the parts. :)

Let me know if there is any interest.

I'll be open to trades for trailers and other Land Cruisers.

Last edited:
Jeff, I hope all is okay with you and your family. Let me know if I can help in any way.

I have seen this project in person and it is a great build and well taken care of parts.

Best luck with the sale jeff!!!!

I already own 6 cruisers. If I had any need for a rig with more than two seats I'd be all over this. It's a great base and fantastic cruiser in the making. Definitely worth the asking price!

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

Kraig-
Been a long time bro - I'm doing fair, and the family is good. My overall health isn't the greatest, so I'm just gonna focus on other stuff at the moment. IF it sells, that's great. If not, I'll at least have some art to dream at every time I open the garage door :) Lets chat soon!

Georg-
If I had 6 Cruisers in my garage, at least one of 'em would be more than a 2 seater :)

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

I am also interested in how the 80 frame has been shortened. Do you have any pics of the frame and the trailer?

This look awesome. There is no way my small 2-car garage in Highlands Ranch has room for this though :)

Where are you located around here that includes a space like that?

@ColoCruiserJeff : yeah! It's been to long! Let me know if you need help with wrenching or anything else. I'm down with an Achilles injury for the next few months so I'll have time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom