April 5th trail run, Flume Trail!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
CVkurt will be taking lead on this run as he's run it before.

Date:
Sat. April 5th

Time:
meet- 0915
Leave- 0930

Place:
Picnic area on the S. end of washoe lake on E. Lake BLVD.

Description:
April 5 Trail Run - Flume Trail

Kurt will lead us on a run on Saturday April 5 up the "Flume Trail" from (south) Washoe Valley to Virginia City. We'll met and start from the picnic area on the south end of the Valley (on Eastlake Road). From there we head up Duck Hill Road to Gobi Road and then onto the Flume Trail. We end up at 5 mile reservoir, Mt. Davidson, and the Virginia City Jerky Company The route is basically "fire roads", so it's stock 4x4 friendly... though some for a traction control is nice for one particular hill climb on the route. If everyone has good brakes, we drop into VC via Ophir Peak... otherwise plan B. Meet time is 9:15AM, depart time is 9:30AM.

BBCNN

I'm in!

Anyone else in on this??

It appears that our wolf pack is a little small!

I'm in.
I missed this one last year, (missed most last year). :(
Might bring my Dad along as well.

See you'all there.

I might be in on this as my 80 is now fully functional will have to see but sounds like good times

We got a run!! :)

Got to do one of these on a Sunday as Saturday's always seem to be a bitch for me. Oh well I will eventually participate in one of these.

Scratch that, wife just told me that we got nothing major this weekend so I am gonna see if I can come! Holy Crap I might actually make a run!!!

Last edited:
Have a great run!!

I want to do this one some day, but this weekend is scheduled for garage time to get the Jeep back together. Taking much longer than I thought.

I'm gonna have to sit this one out, gents.
Have fun and take some pics!!

K

sorry gang im out on this on somethin else came up more important but have a great day wheelin maybe next one

Dan

sorry gang im out on this on somethin else came up more important but have a great day wheelin maybe next one

Dan
We are at the wetlands at the far south end of the park. Anybody else coming

Trip report and pics?!?

Didnt make it either..... forgot the accountant (FIL) was coming over to discuss taxes. There are benefits and downfalls to owning your own business. Wife is a hairstylist and makes as much, if not more, than I do (and I have two degrees) and we get r-aped every year in taxes.

Sorry for the delay in posting this summary... had a busy Sunday.

Despite a bit of confusion at the start, we all managed to met up and get on the trail... seven vehicles in total, all but one Toys. No carnage... but a couple of mechanical issues that were easily sorted on trail. Trail was dry but not too dusty. We were on trail for approximately 4 hours. Group shot was on at Mt. Davidson. Most everyone went down Ophir grade into V.C. for lunch before parting ways.

I've uploaded photos for the day... https://www.flickr.com/gp/k6d6z6/3o0a7G/

Thanks for the great day Kurt! Pics came out awesome. PS. for pretty clear from the pics who had the "couple mechanical issues" LOL I appreciate everyone's patience I will get her dialed in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom