Anyone used a Montero style reciever hitch? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Happened to see a picture showing a Mitsubishi Montero with this hitch. Turns out that it is the same bolt patter as our pintle mounts. Since i've lifted my LC, the 2" ball/pintle hybrid i have is all but useless unless i want the ass end of the trailer to drag the ground. Obviously i wouldn't leave it on off road, but could come in handy for towing.

qu51710_800.jpg

P1020893.jpg

Currently running something like this: (not my pic)
attachment.php

I've got one if I ever have a need for a 2" receiver, was mainly think about the need for a bike rack mount.

You really don't want anything very big behind you with that hitch IMO, but YMMV. Been a lot of discussion over the years about those and the hitch mounting point itself, so a search will get you lots of discussion. I think if you don't go over 2000 pounds, you're probably OK.

What I usually run is the straight pintle/ball combo like in your last pic.

I got one for my LC a few weeks ago. I've pulled a 4 x 6 utility trailer with it so far. I'll also use it with a receiver rack, and maybe my 16' boat.

2013-10-25 18.25.26.jpg

I got one for my LC a few weeks ago. I've pulled a 4 x 6 utility trailer with it so far. I'll also use it with a receiver rack, and maybe my 16' boat.

Awesome. Looks good. thanks.

Slee sells a similar hitch, and all the FJ40 hitches will also bolt right up onto our 80. None are 'rated' for towing in this position, so normal legal disclaimers apply.

That said, I tow my aluminum boat all over the place with an FJ40 hitch. Utility trailers are no problem, and a small cargo rack to take stuff to the dump or to the recycle depot works fine.

One guy tows a triple axle trailer and BIG boat with his 80 using a custom hitch bolted to the four holes in the crossmember.

If you want some nice fasteners, Toyota/Lexus sells some cool black Torx head bolts for this very application. Well, actually for LX470 trailer hitch that bolts in the same place. $3 or $4 each IIRC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom