Anyone running synthetic rope on their PTO? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiser_Nerd

That 25 Guy.
Threads
After spending the weekend skidding logs with the factory PTO I found myself spending half my time trying to respool the wire rope to get a good lay ;).

Anyhow, I need the 200'+ of 5/16" rope, don't use the winch for vehicle recovery, and have the leisure to set up a perfect pull. Just wondering if the synthetic rope would spool easier and save me some time?

I have synthetic on my 8274-50...LOVE it....LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

Great stuff, easy to work with, very light, no "lay" issues ever. I got mine at rockstomper.com and got two 5' protection sleeves included.

You need to make a cage around your PTO like mine so you don't have to worry about the cable flying off the spool :p

I've seen PTO's with side plates like that before. Now I know what they're for. I'm going with the synthetic and hopefully I won't be chasing it all over the spool.

Can anyone tell me the approximate line capacity for the OEM PTO winch? Woody, what do you use for recovery line? Amsteel Blue 9200-lb, 1/4 inch? Or something bigger? I have to get line for my winch, and I have no doubt I'll get the synthetic stuff.

Oh, yeah. Great! Thanks Chef

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom