Anyone recognize this wire? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
image.jpeg
I was checking the timing last in my FJ62 and discovered a section of ground wire (black w/yellow stripe) attached to the rear engine hangar. I don't see the "other half" anywhere. Anyone recognize it? Wondering if I need to take it off and forget about it or chase it down and fix it?

Gauge looks waaaay to thick to be standard Toyota. Could reference the electrical manual to see if there is a reference for a black/yellow like that but if it is going to the block/head then more than likely it is a ground of some sort.

The FJ60 has a wire exactly like that at the back grounding the head to the body (I don't have a fj62).

My guess is it's that redundant ground wire that connects the body to the head.

But since your starter is grounded to the block and the 12 head bolts ground the head to the block, that extra ground wire is just a precaution.
If you want to hook it up as it was, run an equal gauge black wire from any bolt on the head to the body.

2F wire shown below.
image.jpeg

yup. when I was doing my 2fe I ended up using both (2f on block and 3fe on head) and had them grounding in the same spot as the pic above

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom