Anyone on OME stock height coils (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have them on mine, but I'm a bit heavier than your build...ARB front bumper/winch, rear drawers/fridge, sliders, sound deadening etc. Gladly measure if you still want.

Plus he will measure to at least a tenth of a millimeter....I can count windings at least :hillbilly: 10 front / 9 rear.

Haha yes he will. Great thanks that is good info. So cutting a wind out of the front will increase spring rate about 10% and out of the rear about 11% I was hoping to be able to do 2 winds but sounds like it would be a pretty deep drop and a big increase in rate.

How do the OME stock height coils ride now?

The springs were a big step up from worn out stock. With the extra weight, there are 3-4 windings touching if that factors into your plans any.

Much firmer on corners and loaded, honestly the rears were a little harsh unless there was weight back there prior to the drawer setup going in. With the weight on both ends the ride is nice. Produces a slight stinkbug stance also, though about what you'd expect for a truck that would tow a few tons.

I'd like to get slightly better shocks and see how it all fares, the OMEs that came with the kit are just so so. Nothing really wrong, just wanting a bit more plush on the very small bumps.

i am on OEM stock but honestly i wont have time for a while to mesure. sorry to say that. but also i have 30mm spacers added so i dont know if it would help anyway. i have a Al. TJM bumper with a Warn M12,000, slider, sleeping platform and roof rack if that weight sounds lile yours. with new stock shocks the ride was firm and really harsh over sharp bumps. but then i switched to Fox 2.0 smooth bodies (the cheap ones) and it rides amazing now. i think the shocks are way more important than the springs in this case about the ride.

In the spirit of namesake, I have no more than used 30mm front coil spacers, atop the tired OE coils.

BUT, the remote resi'd Radflo's do a superb job compensating.

Plus he will measure to at least a tenth of a millimeter....

We see how that wound up for me....

Do have coils spec'd to the nth degree at CSS. OE height, no rake (24mm additional for front coils, on mine), no lean (6mm add DS) and 15% stiffer rate.

Have enough projects for five to six brave souls, the 80 is my DD, so haven't pulled the trigger, figuring on them coinciding with the frame off.

Yes, it may be a little too detailed and appear a tad bit psychotic, BUT:

We don't like our wimmins labelled "medium" or "heavy", nor do I care for them "flexy", and if yer gonna git it, might as well git it right.

Edited: while it sounded good initially typed in the sentence, I do appreciate my flexy woman, but the descriptive doesn't belong ANYWHERE close to an 80 coil, anymore so than "heavy".

Haha yes he will. Great thanks that is good info. So cutting a wind out of the front will increase spring rate about 10% and out of the rear about 11% I was hoping to be able to do 2 winds but sounds like it would be a pretty deep drop and a big increase in rate.

How do the OME stock height coils ride now?

When I had my stock height springs and empty the ride was very firm and could be called harsh on the choppy roads. But the handling was awesome!

How much are you looking to drop? Are you going to run stock size tires(circumference)? Maybe chop one wrap for top and bottom? If chop all from top you might not get a lot of drop but it might get really harsh as I think you will put any weight on if not losing some weight. Problem of cutting from bottom is you have to bent the end to fit in on the axle.

If anyone is one OME Stock height coils is there anyway you could measure the coil mounted height, and tell me how many winds there are?

Thanks!

I have only installed the OME 2862 rears for now, stock springs on front, OME 2861 to install when I get a chance. LHD 1996 LX450 stock with rear seats. Empty except for gas and oil. DS 11.5" compressed height, PS 12.0" compressed height. Drivers side lean as confirmed by spring. Spring A on PS. Spring B on Drivers side.

from slee site http://www.sleeoffroad.com/installation/ome_spring_specs.pdf

Rear 2862, 17mm wire dia, A=460mm free length, B=470mm free length, 9.0 coils, 7.8kg coil weight, spring rate 240lb/in; 42N / mm, Stock spring rate 160lb/in.

Front 2861, 16mm wire dia, A=480mm free length, B=490mm free length, 10.4 coils, 6.8kg coil weight, spring rate 220lb/in; 38N / mm, Stock spring rate 160lb/in.

If anyone is one OME Stock height coils is there anyway you could measure the coil mounted height, and tell me how many winds there are?

Thanks!
I have 'em. Tell me what you want and I can have it done in like 10 minutes

Awesome thanks for the offer.

I am really going back and forth on trying to make coil springs and shocks work or if I try to do some custom coilovers. The stock spring with say 2 windings removed increasing the spring rate 20% and I don't know if that will be enough or if I get the OME springs and remove 2 windings, it will likely be too stiff.

The coilovers will likely have to wait since I am already experiencing budget creep by a lot.

If you wouldn't mind measuring the coil spring height as installed that would really be all I need.

Last edited:
i have them on the wife's CE paired with new oem shocks.. very much stock otherwise, no winches, extra bumpers, drawers, or racks. 285 spare in oem under truck location.
nice firm ride but not jarring or bouncy. i think it still has the sway bars under it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom