Anybody using the FRAM oil filter? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

well my dad bought the oil so I can't complain. Ill try Mobil semi syn. next oil change. Also have to drop into NAPA and get a different filter. Also are the K&N Filters good and has anyone tried STP Fuel Injector Cleaner? My 80 has a bad lag spot when accelerating and according to LCOOL its from a build up of dirt and junk in the fuel injecdtors. Just wanted to see if anyone has the same problem.

??? BEOWULF _shamed me_ into NOT using a FRAM on my first FZJ80 oil change. I am an OEM convert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I run WIX filters on all the Cruisers, very good filters.

Jon, check the air cleaner hose (the big black hose on the throttle body that goes from the air cleaner to throttle body) for cracks. Others have had cracks, look at the flex part of the hose.

For FI cleaner, Toyota has some great FI cleaner. Dump it in and drive. But make sure you use up that tank of gas and fill as the FI cleaner is hard on the gas tank and fuel lines. At least that is what was said on the WARINING card it came with.
kurt

If the place where you change your oil does not have OEM filters just bring your own. When ever I am on a trip and go by a toyota dealer I buy a bunch of 90915 20004,s. When I need the oil changed I give my local mechanic one of these. Also you are never left high and dry when on a long road trip and need a oil change.
Sean.

When you buy the OEM filters from either Hocker or Cdan, you're not paying much more than you do for the crap at pepboys etc. Cough up the extra few pennies and save your 1FZFE by using the 20004. Those of you with the 3fe should use any thing cause the best thing that could happen is for your engine to die :D - yeah, the last part was intended to be a funny,. :D

Hey! Hey! Hey! Lay off the 3FE!!! How many 1Zfe motors have you gone through Junk? 210k and still going.
Seriously, any body looked at the Mobil 1 filters? I saw one today and looked just like the old, big filter. I'm sticking with the Toyota filters.

:D

What's life without the annual engine swap. :D

Have never looked at the Mobil 1 - actually didn't even know they had one.

I use Valvoline and Ryco, Toyota Costs too much.  Ryco make all Filters for Toyota anyway, And are made in Melbourne Australia, South East Asia and South Africa. :)

Jon, check the air cleaner hose (the big black hose on the throttle body that goes from the air cleaner to throttle body) for cracks. Others have had cracks, look at the flex part of the hose.

For FI cleaner, Toyota has some great FI cleaner. Dump it in and drive. But make sure you use up that tank of gas and fill as the FI cleaner is hard on the gas tank and fuel lines. At least that is what was said on the WARINING card it came with.
kurt

thats good stuff, I use it. FWIW my Toyota parts guy told me they had to change(some years ago) the can it use to come it.....as it would eat thru it after sitting on the shelf for a while!

John H

As I got no suckers, I mean buyers for my YZZB5 filters, what should I do with them?
What is worng with the YZZB5 filters?
kurt

There is nothing wrong with them, it's just that there is a better one available. Go ahead and use them up, you will be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom