Any tricks for center dash vents. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Y'all. I was replacing the old crusty foam that seal the duct work for the dash vents, and i was wondering if anyone has found a way to get the center vents from "drifting". The two on the side don't seem to do it, but the two in the middle i will set to a certain direction and then look down later and they have pointed more downward. They also feel a little looser than the other two. Any ideas!

You can get new ones from Toyota or you can get the OEM felt and foam kit and put new foam/felt on.

At least those are the two options I would pursue.

Last edited:
You can get new ones from Toyota or you can get the OEM felt and foam kit and put new foam/felt on.

At least those are the two options I would pursue.
Interesting to see those vital oem parts are still available. The disappearing inventory strikes in odd places.

Interesting to see those vital oem parts are still available. The disappearing inventory strikes in odd places.

Well they are actually discontinued. You would need someone to know that the 7x series iterations work.

Documented in my build thread about 1.25 yrs ago now.

IMG_4604.JPG
IMG_4605.JPG
IMG_4606.JPG
IMG_4609.JPG
Hey thanx guys. By the way here are some pics on what I have done so far. I used window seals I got from Home Depot. I got the smallest size. I had my left vent duct apart so I threw some of that stuff in because the original foam was toast. I was pretty surprised as to how much an improvement it made in air flow. So I took the dash apart and did the whole thing!

As I reinstall my '89 FJ62 dash into my '86 FJ60, I'll be replacing the center vents with an extra pair of outboard open/close vents so all four can be controlled the same.

No pics. I'm GMT+3 today, my truck is over in GMT-5

On my 62, I cut a slot in the tube at the right location. About 10 years later, I put a sliding diffuser on it, but I only turned it off during the heating season.

A best example though is probably the 100 series, and the 80's have them too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom