Any idea on the next redesign of the LC V8? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm a soon to be LC'er. I really like the 2014 (or 2013) model. But its a lot of money. If there is a redesign as a 2015 or 2016 model I might decide to wait.

Has anyone heard any rumors?

I'm in the US.

Thanks for any info.

hard to say, I've heard nothing official, they just had a refresh for 2013 so I would guess we're looking at nothing for atleast 3 more years(just my guess) LC's model years usually run for about ten years historically, UZJ100 1998-2008, but then again the fj80/fzj80 only ran from 1991-1997... So I guess my best guess would be a new Cruiser for 2017! the very earliest I could see would be 2016... I did read an article that it may be a hybrid, but who knows....

I heard it would be a 2017 model released late 2016, but this is nothing official. Get your 200 series and sell it for a 300 series, their resale value will not disappoint.

Thanks for the info. That makes me feel more confident to go with the 2014.

I hope you guys (or gals) don't think lowly of people like me in a Land Cruiser. I'm not much of an off-roader. However, I'm driving a borrowed Jeep Wrangler and I'm suddenly intrigued with the idea of the off-road experience.

I come from a background of Chevy Burbs. I recently moved into a house with a garage where my Suburban fit, but uncomfortably front-to-back. I have always despised a Tahoe. And recently, I'm so put-off by the quality and just customer service of my GM dealers, I started looking around. The LC feels big (requirement), can handle my occasional on-road (or on-ramp) 4wd moments, and can tow anything the family has.

I only drive about 5000 miles a year and I would never let a car stay outside of the garage overnight at home (or be dirty for more than 48 hours after a trip). I have no kids, no pets, I don't smoke (anymore) and I never eat in my car or allow sugary drinks. I should have one helluva pre-owned Land Cruiser for sale in about 7 or 8 years. :)

(Thanks for letting me introduce myself, too.)

Hey Shock, let me know when your sell your 200!!!

You won't regret, by any means, picking up a 200 LC

Welcome to the club. The land cruiser is a hell of a solid car. If you find a nice used one it should be a better option if you're worried about the next model. They hold their value pretty well. I don't endorse many other cars on the market these days.

Sadly Ive had to walk away from the LC. I could not come to an agreement with my dealer. They simply refused to give me a straight answer on price. It was a perfect example of sleazy salesmanship.

After a day of negotiations, they raised the price $36 from my first trip in. I was trying to couple the deal with a 2014 Rav.

Sigh.

Have you considered contacting one of the 1200 other Toyota dealers in the US? Call or email every dealer within 500 miles of you and see what they come back with. I'm sure there's one of them that would be happy to sell you an LC and Rav4.

PM me if u want a couple of solid contacts in seattle. I sussed them out - picked up a new '14 myself.

Try TrueCar.com they get prices from Dealers and can do the deal. From what I hear its painless. I'm sure you can find a Broker to do this for you. I used a Broker over 20 yrs ago, so I'm sure they still exist...

I will have to consider all of those options. I was looking forward to building a relationship with a dealer. I would not have strayed from GM products except for the dealers in my area.

I was looking forward to building a relationship with a dealer.
Most dealership sales and service departments run independent of one another; you could have an excellent sales experience but end up with lousy service after the sale, and likewise, you could have a bad sales experience but the service department shines.

If you want to build a relationship with a dealer, visit the parts and service departments first - you'll be dealing with them for years to come (not necessarily for repairs, but just general service items). Find a good local service department and buy from any dealer that gives you the best price and is the easiest to deal with.

What I notes, once toyota change and play with headlights and pumper ... what mean a new shape is coming. If you could go to LC60 ,LC80 and LC100 you will notice. Here they change anything ever year...so my much now Toyota will have nothing to change. . So they will have to change totall body. im toyota working in the new shape already. ..... Dont forgot Toyot LC fight with Nissan Patrol for a long time. At the moment Nissan Patrol won in terms of engine power so Toyota will have to something about...

Posted via IH8MUD app

Sptsdn, you are completely right. Ive had a good experience with them so far on our corolla.
CFB, agree. But I've always found used GMs to be a good "value" due to their poor resale value. And their trucks hold up very well for light duty use.

And the big news is...
After retracting my offer on Saturday (2014 LC + 2014 rav4), my dealer emailed me at 5:30am today and said they would accept the offer if i was still interested. I accepted this evening.

I think it was a fair deal. They should have accepted it on Friday.

Delivery should be Monday since the Rav hasnt yet arrived from the factory.

Firstly, nice job and congrats!

I actually really like gm's full size suvs. Yes, materials r lower grade but the interior design, simplicity, and price easily makes up for concessions in other areas just like any other make\model.

I used to own a 2013 Tahoe hybrid. Great efficiency, looks, space and decent resale. You find a ton of them well worn in which is a testament to how utilitarian these trucks r.

Hoping my lc keeps me daily driver attn for the next 100k miles. I wouldn't ask for this in a land rover product let alone gm.

if the people who made this have any insight it appears 2017 will be the 300 series intro!

1467444_626865704044505_1556607711_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom