Any good shops in Metro Detroit to wrench on a LX470? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally decided to sell my 08 Wrangler Rubicon UL and get a LX470. I am looking for a low miles 06 or 07 ANYWAY! The reason for the post, I know the Lexus dealer can handle most but are there any good shops in Metro Detroit familiar with the newer series cruisers and LX? Really not sure what I want to do other than swap to some bigger ATs on stock wheels but have debated a new bumper etc.

Belle tire for the tires should be ok. A bumper you can do yourself. Or bring it to my place if you need help. I don't know a shop in the area I would trust and in at the Ypsilanti/Ann Arbor border.

If it's something you don't want to tackle - Kenny's Lakes Area Auto - They are in Wixom. Kenny handles my business vehicles, personal stuff too. Very ethical.

Thanks everyone! I have heard of Kenny's before and may contact them if I do any mods.
I will throw on bigger tires but that may likely be it.
I do not want to mess with the AHC.
While I like the looks of a new front bumper this thing will never be off road more than the dirt logging roads around my hunting property so messing with the AHC is just silly for me.
I'm talking to someone about a 1 owner 06 with 75K on it. Green and Gray.
I think I read you can throw 33's on the stock wheels, can the dealer adjust the speedo? I know it's not a big deal but I'd rather get it done if possible.

OK
Well I believe she will be here Tuesday! 06 LX470 with just under 53K on the clock.
I am very excited, need to get some new wheels and tires ASAP!
I do not think I will be doing much in the way of mods as she's mostly going to be a mall queen other than a few trips a year to my hunting property in Harrison but no wheeling etc.

Must admit I am let down with the lack of aftermarket wheels available for the 100 series.... Oh well.
Time to sell the Rubi JK UL now that I am part of the Cruiser family.

Lexi got some new shoes!

The axle boot is off At one end.
Looks like I'm going to go to Kennys

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I had those tires on my FJ Cruiser for a while. I loved them, but had to switch back to my OE Dunlops since it was a lease and had to go through final inspection. Bought the FJC last week, so I'll have to find time to switch back now...

Those wheels look pretty good. I'm not a fan of the faked bead-lock style, but still think they look good. The color goes well with the pearl.
What are the wheel nuts you used? McGard? Gorilla?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom