FS: Another Helluva 60

Discussion in 'FJ60 | FJ62 | BJ60 | HJ61' started by nattybumppo, Jun 7, 2013.

Classifieds Guidelines... short but sweet

- Prices: It is STRONGLY SUGGESTED that you POST A PRICE for each item. Don't ask for bids or offers, this is not EBay. And please, no prices in the Title.
- Location: IH8MUD reaches over 250 unique countries per day. Please include your state/country in the Title.
- Sold Items: Threads remain for price/product research. Make a final Reply to note your item is sold.

Tie Rod Media LLC does not get involved in transactions or disputes. PLEASE perform your own due diligence to ensure a smooth transaction.
  1. nattybumppo

nattybumppo

Another Helluva 60-SOLD

I’ll let the facts speak for themselves about my 1987 FJ60. It is the veteran of several trips to Moab and the mountain trails of Colorado but is now ready to continue down the path to adventure with a new owner. I’m listing this soon-to-be-yours Toyota Land Cruiser for $10,000. You got questions, want to see specific pictures, or you’re ready to buy, PM me.

I purchased it from a little old lady who thought it was great for hauling around her dogs. She was not the first owner, but the truck started its useful life in Colorado and has lived it here too, so it has NOT been ravaged by the evil red devil…rust. I bought it on 6/17/10 with 160,490 miles on it, and quickly took care of the few items that needed attention. Then I started the build. I have all my receipts, and documentation from the PO’s work. I have treated this truck with the love that a beautiful old Land Cruiser deserves.

Current Mileage: 183,xxx.

Toyota OEM H55F 5-speed tranny (February 2012) Yeah baby, it’s got that coveted 5 speed.
    ARB Air lockers front and rear (February 2012 and April 2012).
    Longfields (April 2012)
    On-board air kit installed on the ARB air pump.
    4.11 Gearing (2550rpm at 70 mph and crawls just right)
    Old Man Emu Suspension
    Michelin AT2 285/75/16 tires
    American Eagle Black Alloy Wheels (16x8)
    AGM battery (Oddessy blem)
    Addicted Offroad HD step sliders
    Slee Rear Bumper http://sleeoffroad.com/products/fj62rearbumper.htm
    Pioneer Stereo with Boston speakers
    Cobra hidden CB radio

An example of the kind of things that are not upgrades that I have done to this truck: replaced the aftermarket CFS radiator with a Toyota radiator (from a yard but serviced, cleaned out and inspected at the good radiator shop in town).

What it needs:
    New TREs. I have them ready to be installed.
    New air conditioning compressor. Again I have one in the Toyota box ready to be installed.
    A good home, preferably with a child and dog, that plans to take good care of it, spending nearly every weekend in the mountains playing

If you have been looking for a built and beautiful 60. Rust-free and ready to wheel, this is it. I look forward to hearing from you.

Attached Files:

• 016.jpg
      016.jpg
      File size:
      97.8 KB
      Views:
    • 014.jpg
      014.jpg
      File size:
      65.4 KB
      Views:
    • 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      85.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  2. Shebamacalla

Shebamacalla

Would love to talk. Very interested. Your pm box is full. Email me Jason at superbbicycle dot com
  3. Daniel_Markofsky

Daniel_Markofsky

Nice lake views. You must be my neighbor. This is a sweet rig guys. Find it a good home.
  4. nattybumppo

nattybumppo

Sorry Jason. I deleted some messages and it should work now!
  5. paflytyer

paflytyer 100's in the Hills SILVER Star

X2! Someone's about to get one sweet ride!
  6. nattybumppo

nattybumppo

Just so we all know it's not a poser rig.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  7. nattybumppo

nattybumppo

Now I can upload more pictures. Posting has its advantages!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  8. MDH33

MDH33

Hey Sascha, if you email me the pics, I'll post them up for you. PM'd you.

This is a sweet rig folks. I Just purchased another 60, or else I would be looking real hard at this one.
  9. otool79

otool79

How much ? Where located ? Clicked link and says has been discontinued .
  10. paflytyer

For some reason it's invisible to iProducts..... maybe this will work?? I quoted his original post.
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  11. paflytyer

That didn't work, lets try this.....Location is Denver, CO
    EDIT: This one worked. It looks goofy on a PC because of the black font, but it will show up on iPhones now. I'm guessing he typed it out in a Word Doc, then copy/pasted.

Originally Posted by nattybumppo
    I’ll let the facts speak for themselves about my 1987 FJ60. It is the veteran of several trips to Moab and the mountain trails of Colorado but is now ready to continue down the path to adventure with a new owner. I’m listing this soon-to-be-yours Toyota Land Cruiser for $10,000. You got questions, want to see specific pictures, or you’re ready to buy, PM me.

I purchased it from a little old lady who thought it was great for hauling around her dogs. She was not the first owner, but the truck started its useful life in Colorado and has lived it here too, so it has NOT been ravaged by the evil red devil…rust. I bought it on 6/17/10 with 160,490 miles on it, and quickly took care of the few items that needed attention. Then I started the build. I have all my receipts, and documentation from the PO’s work. I have treated this truck with the love that a beautiful old Land Cruiser deserves.

Current Mileage: 183,xxx.

Toyota OEM H55F 5-speed tranny (February 2012) Yeah baby, it’s got that coveted 5 speed.
    ARB Air lockers front and rear (February 2012 and April 2012).
    Longfields (April 2012)
    On-board air kit installed on the ARB air pump.
    4.11 Gearing (2550rpm at 70 mph and crawls just right)
    Old Man Emu Suspension
    Michelin AT2 285/75/16 tires
    American Eagle Black Alloy Wheels (16x8)
    AGM battery (Oddessy blem)
    Addicted Offroad HD step sliders
    Slee Rear Bumper http://sleeoffroad.com/products/fj62rearbumper.htm
    Pioneer Stereo with Boston speakers
    Cobra hidden CB radio

An example of the kind of things that are not upgrades that I have done to this truck: replaced the aftermarket CFS radiator with a Toyota radiator (from a yard but serviced, cleaned out and inspected at the good radiator shop in town).

What it needs:
    New TREs. I have them ready to be installed.
    New air conditioning compressor. Again I have one in the Toyota box ready to be installed.
    A good home, preferably with a child and dog, that plans to take good care of it, spending nearly every weekend in the mountains playing

If you have been looking for a built and beautiful 60. Rust-free and ready to wheel, this is it. I look forward to hearing from you.

12. nattybumppo

nattybumppo

Thanks, Stan. I am not privy to those Iphone secrets. My cellphone is just a phone, not a mobile command center, so I use a computer for internet stuff!
  13. Big Cruiser Guy

Big Cruiser Guy

I miss Wash Park.
    *sigh*
  14. nattybumppo

nattybumppo

Interiors

Attached Files:

15. nattybumppo

nattybumppo

more interiors

Attached Files:

16. otool79

otool79

Awesome looking rig
  17. ACCintern

ACCintern

I the vehicle still available?
  18. nattybumppo

nattybumppo

Somebody asked for undercarriage shots.

Attached Files:

19. nattybumppo

nattybumppo

Somebody else asked for engine shots.

Attached Files:

20. Memphisacc

Memphisacc

gah, this truck is everything i want. need to get my f250 sold. beautiful 60!