Builds Another FJ68 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a slinky, icon 3" lift ordered. Also got a front ARB locker. Picked up some slee caster correction plates. The tranny is rebuilt and the circle D torque converter came in. Now just trying to figure out the fuel tank. Looks like a custom stainless or aluminum tabk with the stock fuel pump carterage. I have been keeping a pretty accurate spreadsheet of everything I havr bought. I figure I will have close to 30k when all said and done.

I have a slinky, icon 3" lift ordered

Curious about the icon lift you ordered..

slinky? Is that the same one its been talked about on the 80'$ forum?

Megolfer,

Question... The picture of the oil filter and canister, where does that mount and what's it for?

Thanks, very exciting build.

Ok, I'm using the PSC pump and reservoir with the filter inside. Never knew they had that one.

Looking good! That is the best spot to cut and shorten the frame in my opinion. Doing the same on my chassis swap. Are you using a 110v machine? Kind of looks like it by the welds. I have got both, 110v and 230v and even with both on the same setting the 230v lays down such a nicer more beautiful bead, much easier to use too.

Anyways, subscribed! :)

Cheers

Drivetrain is mounted.

20160811_103035.jpg

20160811_103043.jpg

Wow that TC is tucked away... Nice...!!
Are going to run a lift?

Epic.

What yah doing for Castor angles?

Wow! Just seeing this build for the first time and I really dig what's happening here.

Question: this is the second build (RMPO's being the other) where the 80 frame is being cut right where this rear bracket has to be removed and re installed...

image.jpeg

What's the advantage of doing this? Seems like doing it like Project X2 or Manu style saves this extra step. Just wondering...

I've always liked those FJ rims you got and have been considering some for my truck in the future. Would love to see them mounted up.

Keep it coming!

-Ed

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom