Builds An Accidental Frame Off.................. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

getting the glass out of the door... I have both eras

Glass out of the door? As in the whole frame from the door?

I haven't broke into my doors yet, they are on down the list of the build.

I also have a special surprise that was delivered to my house the other night, total gamechanger for me when it comes to the rehab of the tub. Pics are coming soon.

20160211_195608.jpg
20160211_195701.jpg
20160211_195707.jpg
20160211_195707.jpg

Yes, I got a stack of ribbed patches to replace some of the rusted areas in the rear of my tub. There was not enough rust to result in replacing the entire pan in places, there are two different lengths of the ribs, one for the vertical section of the wheel well, and one for the top side. They are SOLID! Quality pressed pieces that will make my life a whole lot easier when it comes to replacing the rust. Along with all of those there is a rear sill, all of the steel is courtesy of @Awl_TEQ He has been a major help so far when it comes to the body work.

It did take me quite some time to upload the pics on the mobile browser, I miss the old app. I have always been one to say if you don't have any suggestions on how to help than you are just bitching.

Well, I guess I am just bitching. I miss the app, pics were a snap to upload.

Back to the tech-

The air cleaner I think I just lucked out on, I thought it would not fit. I was planning on fabbing something up to make it work. I picked it up from @Ky Hillbilly

I found out, apparently the 1F air cleaners will work with a ROW carb, rolled a 7 and 11 there.

So far so good.

Last edited:
I like to keep the mess in the garage![/QUOTE]

You shouldn't talk about your rig that way. Just sayin'

Well, I picked up the tub and dropped off the rest of the 40 to get blasted and primed. Took the tub home and spent the next couple hours getting it into the garage, life's a bitch when you work solo. Did all that in a crippling snowstorm, at least that is what the news was reporting. I found more cancer in areas that were already suspect, now it is time to come up with a battle plan.

I am now looking at working front to rear on it, the drivers floorpan needs love, as well as the inset for the fuel tank, both sides have been eaten up right along the inner door sill.

The rear I have been preparing to tackle for a while, I may need whole quarter panels instead of just the patches, still debating that one.
20160218_164514.jpg
20160218_164612.jpg
20160218_164514.jpg
20160217_165634.jpg

Your floors are very little rust upstate NY mint ... Do you want to swap lol

We have hard wood floors... Inside the house is the wife's domain ... We line up our shoes as well :)

I let the crap fly in the garage ... However... The kids do as well and I think I'm loosing ground in the garage turf war :meh:

Those piece look great... I love the resources we have here... Keep up the good work ... Enjoying the read

Your floors are very little rust upstate NY mint ... Do you want to swap lol

I am trying to avoid the Fred Flintstone floorboards, also I could feel the drivers seat move when I got in or out!

I am now looking at working front to rear on it, the drivers floorpan needs love, as well as the inset for the fuel tank, both sides have been eaten up right along the inner door sill.

Feeling your pain...Trying to do the math on my one good hand..New tub?
Beau- coup hours vice plug and play (aluminum tub - new steel tub)....According to the hours spent thus far, I/you/we are in debt...

I've only scratched the surface..Starring at my well greased, knuckle busted hands as I type, wondering why I needed a new carb.....

Fred Flintstone floorboards

The women here insist on the porous floorboards.....Makes it easy to dispose of tobacco juice. Prudish species, all spit'ers............

Feeling your pain...Trying to do the math on my one good hand..New tub?
Beau- coup hours vice plug and play (aluminum tub - new steel tub)....According to the hours spent thus far, I/you/we are in debt...

I've only scratched the surface..Starring at my well greased, knuckle busted hands as I type, wondering why I needed a new carb.....

There is definitely not enough cancer to justify a new tub, unless I could find one from the desert southwest for next to nothing. I'm looking at some serious work for sure. Maybe enough work to call for a bottle of Jameson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom