Am I a looney toon? 37" AT's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pulled the trigger on the nittos.

Gy mtr-not available/back order
Km2-not available
Nitto trail grappler -not available/back order
BFG KO2 not available

Shoulda waited a week for the ko2. The KO is worlds ahead of the nitto offroad. I've had great luck running 35 kos on my rig and haven't ever felt the need to go back to a mud tire. Also keeps me from having a u joint chunking for distance contest.

Well, I called discount and they are the same price as the terra grapplers. No mileage warranty though. I told them not to cancel the order on the terra grapplers so I can look at them side by side.

Go for it Nitto makes a good tire no doubt I don't think you will be disappointed.

Your reasoning is sound. No reason you need to run a knobby brute tire just because it's a larger size. Do whatever works for your need. I have run a lot of trails in Moab on a plain-old BFG AT KO and a fair amount of screwing around in the woods and rocks (avoiding wet if possible).

I'm curious how the real-world dimensions of the 37" Nitto Terra would turn out.

I have BFG AT KOs in 37/12.5r17 on my K5 as a stopgap measure. They're old, worn, and measure 34" (front)/ 34.5" (rear) tall at 40psi with the weight of the truck. I thought a 37" tire ought to have come out a little bigger than that...

Bfgs tend to size on the small side. Goodyear a are more true.

I have run the Nitto Trails for several years. Run 15 psi on the trail and beat them hard. Still run quiet and smooth on the highway. They still balance well enough to crank up 3 digit speeds on the highway in an emergency. I think the Terra's would be a good tire for you. John

Went back into my records. Found that I bought these Nittos in Jan of 2013. So, 26 months, 60+ trail days, and a total of. 55,000 miles. Could get another 5000+ miles out of them, but we are in the middle of premium wheeling season, so I am shopping for replacements. John

Have em on my dd w stock gears , love the ride go for em

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom