Aluminum Radiator (AS070) Interference (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We just installed one of these on my friend's 40, he bought it here:
link: Amazon.com: Aluminum Radiator Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 FJ45 GAS Fits Year 1970-1980: Automotive

I've read some people have had interference with the radiator channel (we did too). I'm just posting this as an example, but we bent his channel out a little with some locking pliers (the steel is pretty soft) and it worked fine. I did pinch a little Oil-Resistant Buna-N Rubber Sheeting (link: McMaster-Carr) between the radiator and channel just in case it tries to rub, but otherwise, pretty straight forward. Pics below.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Check the clearance on your fan before starting the engine. Mine touched the weld on the bottom tank.

This one has an electric radiator fan, but good point.

Is there a reason you didn't just elongate the mounting holes and raise the radiator for clearance?

Is there a reason you didn't just elongate the mounting holes and raise the radiator for clearance?
The only reason was time. This was the fastest/easiest thing to do. If we were trying to keep things pretty or had a little more time to mess around then we would have used your approach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom