Also...Runs with high fan spin 24/7 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mr Fox

SILVER Star
Threads
I did some searching, couldn't find any related issues except mentioned on fan clutch pages. The fan is spinning high when driving, like the "roar sound" when you first start the vehicle. Op temps are fine, flushed the coolant a while back, I might try this again. Other than that any suggestions? By the way its getting somewhat hot here in Colorado during the summer. Thermostat or fan clutch issues? I also saw something about fan clutch fluid.

Thanks guys for taking the time. Trying to get the cruiser running well...

I'm in southern NM and it's not uncommon for my fan clutch to be engaged while I'm on the highway. If my A/C is on, it's guaranteed that my fan clutch will be engaged.

There are several threads pertaining to testing your fan clutch, replacing fluid, tweaking the engagement temps, etc...but I just replaced mine. It was old and a new OEM wasn't expensive or hard to replace.

Okay I will look into it. It roars when you put the clutch on and start it. Drive it for about 5 mins all is well, after that starts roaring again. City, highway it dosent matter. By the way I don't run A/C. Maybe I'll look into adjusting engagement temps

not enough info to really tell whats going on....but if you have a 20+ year old truck....why not install new fan clutch?

id guess the FC is not unlocking or locking up to much, this is assuming the cooling system good and its not running hot.

AC makes a big difference in the FC on/off

I've got a brand new OEM Toyota unit from beno. mine roars all the time during colorado summer time..

my rebuilt FC works great, it is only off sometimes during the Mid Cali summer. no overheats; no worries.

Even tonight at 70F degrees it was roaring the whole time for a 10 minute drive. The water pump has been replaced but I will do the fan clutch. That is a no brainer. Thanks for the info

that does seem a bit excessive. is it possible your FC has been rebuilt at one point? Possible that someone put too high a CST fluid in it and made too much adjust to the valve timing?

Not a 60, but close enough to, to participate.

New everything and fan clutch is hyperactive driving at highway speeds, or every start after any kind of stop.

Know many jack around with the fluid on the FZs, but haven't found much on earlier vintage clutch 'modifications'.

My question is, beyond irritating (no loss of power since on, what may be, the baddest assed 2F in the history of mankind) should it be of any concern?

No.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom