All those syn. ATF drain and refills paid off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all --

I took my 80 up to the Adirondack Mountains this past weekend in Upstate NY -- it climbed and descended Whteface twice!! The lady-friend I was with got pissed because I ended up taking more pics of my 80 than of her -- oh well!!

One thing I noticed, though, is that the transmission "hum" at 60-70 mph has left the vehicle -- what a refresher that is -- over the past month, I've drained and refilled the ATF three times -- with syn. ATF -- expensive, but with that annoying whirrrr gone, definitely worth it!!

eric

Thanks for the feedback on the Syn. ATF Eric, I will be replacing the Transmission fluid on my next oil change and I will use Synthetic.

Thanks
Al

I've also been doing a drain and fill every 10k. Using Mobil Synth each time. The truck does seem to be responding with better shifting but hard to tell actually if it's the fluid. But it is alot better than back at 90k where I had slow reverse and some chatter under heavy load. But I've also regeared to 4.88s which could factor in it as well.

After reading what I just wrote I can see it has nothing substantial to add except the trucks shifting has improved :D.

Add 1 to the post count.

Could it be the M1 or just fresh oil???
My Previa was slipping. Had the tranny oil changed and added additive to oil. A tranny shop did the work. It shifted like new with the new oil and additive.

A friend of mine has a Chrysler mini van. From what he tells me they have a know tranny problem with shifting. He went down to the automotive store and bought some kind of tranny in a can stuff and poured it in. He said that almost immediately the tranny started to shift better and now claims it is like new.

Eric, glad you had a great time up there - great place. No worries, just tell her that the pics you took of her are up on a pay 2 see website with full video :flipoff2:

Using AmSPOIL, M1 or something else? Glad it's paying off. I would not go nutso with it though. If you're using amSPOIL, make sure you talk to JH who can get you dealer pricing ;)

Get your lift yet?

hey junk --

i'm using M1 -- at $5 a quart for ATF, you're right, i'm not gonna do too much more of it -- plus, the neighbors must think i'm a real country-clubber, changine fluids every weekend....!!

-- lift incoming, i hope...!!

eric

[quote author=Junk link=board=2;threadid=5286;start=msg41974#msg41974 date=1063773324]
Eric, glad you had a great time up there - great place. No worries, just tell her that the pics you took of her are up on a pay 2 see website with full video :flipoff2:

[/quote]

haha -- i know this all too well -- the evils of DV cameras.... though i usually don't get reciprocating agreement on this :)

eric

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom