Alignment issue ??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

With all the diffs locked, and on a level ground, my steering wheel is almost 30degree favoring the right - thus the very strong directional pull.

Without the diffs locked, the vehicle tracks straight - no pulling/wandering at any speed despite the fact that the steering wheel does not point exactly at 12 o'clock (still favoring the right).

What could went wrong here ? I had alignment done at the dealer almost a year ago.

Any inputs are greatly appreciated!

Frank.

A pull with the diff locked leads me to believe that the tires are mis-matched. As the locked diff turns both sides at the same rate the only variable would be the height of the tires. The tires should be identical and have the same ammount of tread remaining AND the same inflation pressure.

D- ;)

Dan,

The rubbers are about a year old; and evenly worn (no shimmy/vibration at all). The pressure is 32psi all around (I'm very skeptical about this).

Frank.

Lantank,

Yup, almost stock besides the OME861/862 low lift package (no caster correction kit).

Frank.

I'll try mine on hard ground on the way home tonite, I don't recall a pull but I'll see how It acts.

D-

Any truck will pull with the lockers on. Your steering wheel is out of alignment either due to the lift in the springs or you bent your drag link. Check the draglink for straightness. If straight adjust to get the steering wheel straight. Also check your steering box to see if the splines on the sector shaft is not twisted. Unusuall, but can happen in a major accident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom