For Sale (AL) 2H (price drop) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Michael B

SILVER Star
Threads
I have a 2H that I drove for more than 1000 miles and then decided to go a different direction. I bought it from a JDM importer in Texas. It was reportedly a 60k-80k kilometer 89' model salvage from Japan. They had no proof of the mileage but the alternator wire did have 1989 printed on it. The motor is 12v. There is an edic to go with it but no alternator or starter. The fly wheel goes with the motor as well as the clutch and the fan. The motor pulled very good with a 5 speed and 4:10 gears on 31's, but didn't do so well on the hills when I installed 3:70 gears. I have a cold start video I can send upon request. The price is $3500.00 plus shipping. I would really prefer local pickup as the motor weighs about 950 lbs. Feel free to PM or email me at michaelbb7@juno.com with questions or additional picture requests.

Thanks,
Michael <><

2H removed 1.jpg

I have a cold start video available but I can't get it to upload here for some reason. I can email it to interested parties.

Direct bolt in for an fj40! you don't even have to pull the transmission or change the engine mounts.
Are we sure of this? Never done the swap into a 40 series...just a 60 series, but as I remember the F series motors have opposing engine mounts while the H series have offset mounts, not a big deal but different...could be wrong.....happened before...but

Good luck with sale...if you were closer Id be thinking about it..12v is a big plus

I have bolted both the 2H and the 12HT into my 45. I'm sure. They both have a forward position for the motor mount to bolt to on the block. For the 40 series you move it forward.

Are we sure of this? Never done the swap into a 40 series...just a 60 series, but as I remember the F series motors have opposing engine mounts while the H series have offset mounts, not a big deal but different...could be wrong.....happened before...but

Good luck with sale...if you were closer Id be thinking about it..12v is a big plus
What's the big plus? 12 Volt vers 24 Volt ?

What's the big plus? 12 Volt vers 24 Volt ?

well 24v stuff is stupid expensive, they really dont make a vehicle 24v battery...you use 2 12v batteries and you dont have to mod everything IE: stereos, switches, source 24v bulbs ever time you need one..etc. Also dont have to deal with things like splitting each head light off each battery..just stupid stuff....if your not somewhere super cold 12v is a no brainer.

But you WILL need to change motor mounts on frame - 2F motor mounts are opposing...H and 2H motor mounts are staggered

Last edited:
well 24v stuff is stupid expensive, they really dont make a vehicle 24v battery...you use 2 12v batteries and you dont have to mod everything IE: stereos, switches, source 24v bulbs ever time you need one..etc. Also dont have to deal with things like splitting each head light off each battery..just stupid stuff....if your not somewhere super cold 12v is a no brainer.

But you WILL need to change motor mounts on frame - 2F motor mounts are opposing...H and 2H motor mounts are staggered
The en-gen that was in my troopy was a H en-gen so your saying that it should mount right up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom