Aisin hub conversion, how to thread? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NCFJ

Supporting Vendor
Threads
OK, I have searched and searched and found a lot of talk about putting manual hubs on an 80 but no how to threads or even "this is what I did" threads.

Any threads like this out there?

Thanks
Stan

OK, I have searched and searched and found a lot of talk about putting manual hubs on an 80 but no how to threads or even "this is what I did" threads.

Any threads like this out there?

Thanks
Stan

Take your birf out, get a new c clip groove machined down the axle, bolt on the hubs and go

This is what I have read, but exactly where to cut the grove is the next question, how deep and how wide. I'd like to do this right and once.

Beno had a write up that I followed when I did mine

I too have been looking on and off for the past several days for a thread that Beno had posted in or started and it had the full explanations of which hubs and axles but I can't seem to find it. IIRC it had Toyota part #s for hubs that would bolt right on, I wish I could remember the details. :censor:

I think it depends on which year axle you have. Many years ago when I did a SAS on a Hilux, I put in a '91 FJ-80 front axle and installed Aisin hubs from a solid axle truck, with no mods. Worked great.

A quote from Beno in another thread:

Direct fit up through 4/1994. After that you will need to either purchase new 238.5mm lengh birfs (43405-60120) or machine the longer birfs to accept the hubs. Either way will work.

Pat

I spoke with Beno on the phone today and he cleared things up for me.

This man is a true proffesional and beyond helpful. Buy your Toyota parts from him please.

Thank you so very much Beno

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom