1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Air coming out of where??

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by alaskacruiser, Sep 9, 2003.

1. alaskacruiser

alaskacruiser

I was walking around my cruiser while it was idling, and I felt around the "vents" behind rear side window. I've always thought these vents were not functional, that they were just there for aesthetics. To my surprise, I felt air coming out of the vents on the driver's side (I didn't check the passenger side). Can someone shed some light on where this air is coming from? Is this some kind of exhaust for the climate control system?

2. IdahoDoug

IdahoDoug

Those are vents to allow for air to flow through the cabin, and out the rear of the vehicle. Yes, they're functional. Put your fan on high and walk out there next to them and you'll hear quite a bit of air movement - both sides.

IdahoDoug

3. DanKunz

DanKunz

Media:
    Yep! to keep your air nice and fresh...no clam baking for you! :flipoff2:

4. Mr.Bryan

Mr.Bryan

Clam = recirc button :D

5. Imagery

Imagery

Also, with the vents on fresh instead of recycled, and all windows up, those vents really put out. Have you ever noticed when you close the back, yo can hear the baffels flapping in those vents.

6. BOUNDER

BOUNDER

Yep

After all these years, I too just noticed the exterior rear vents are funtional - go figure. After our 3-4 mile walk, I put the dog in the way-back and blast the AC al the way for speedy maximum cool down. I happened to walk to the back of the truck and felt all the air rusing out - very kewl or what?! THis search is a great feature- nice job.

7. lx450landcruiser

lx450landcruiser Moderator