Air cleaner hose solutions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.flickr.com
What are some options for a air cleaner substitute? I have found one hose that is 2.75 ID at McMasterCarr. I have searched Ebay and found silicone radiator hose and a silicone duct from the UK which I cant seem to find right now. Any ideas?
pR

What diameter did you get? The one in the pic is 3 1/8" and I think I measured 2 3/4 for mine. I am going to drive to my 40 and measure it real quick. Be back in a hour.:wrench:

Subscribed. Same problem. Discontinued by Toyota- that $70 is looking really cheap about now.

Just got back, 2.75 inches. I located the part at Auto Zone and O'Reily. 2 3/4 is part # 96091.
Subscribed. Same problem. Discontinued by Toyota- that $70 is looking really cheap about now.
I ordered the $70 part last week and they called me back and said
"DISCONTINUED".
I will fork out a hundred bucks in a second.

Last edited:
platypusREX said:
Just got back, 2.75 inches. I located the part at Auto Zone and O'Reily. 2 3/4 is part # 96091.

I ordered the $70 part last week and they called me back and said
"DISCONTINUED".
I will fork out a hundred bucks in a second.

Thanks for doing that homework for me. Will check that out. Yes could sell for more than $100 and folks would buy.

What length would you say it is? I assume you would want a 3" Hose for a 2.75 intake?

I wonder if some other vehicle has similar that with slight modification you could install- like a Toyota camera or something.

We need to find something as a group because this is an issue that will just keep coming up. I may just have to find the similar hose and buy in bulk and cut and sell with the clamps.

Are most all the FJs the same size? I know it went rectangle on one end in like 1981.

Specter is listing special order part 012-30A at $107.18. Is this the discontinued hose?

Specter is listing special order part 012-30A at $107.18. Is this the discontinued hose?
All SOR does is order from Toyota for you and make a profit.

If anyone finds one, get two and I will buy your dinner to boot. The flex one at Autozone is $20. Still think we can find for another car that might fit.

This was my first solution.
Two of these cut down to proper length.Amazon.com: 2.75" - 3" Silicone Reducer Coupler Hose 3-Ply Reinforced Black: Automotive
4191FukZ6tL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

and this cut in the proper places.
Spectre Performance 8728 - Spectre Performance Modular Air Intake System Adapters - Overview - SummitRacing.com
spe-8728_w_m.jpg

It was just a thought.

All SOR does is order from Toyota for you and make a profit.

Not what I asked. I just wanted to know what has been discontinued... specifically.

I do like your solution. Painted black it would look decent.

Yes, that is the hose.
Not what I asked. I just wanted to know what has been discontinued... specifically.

I do like your solution. Painted black it would look decent.

I am working on a near factory looking replacement that is rated to 400F. Will post after I get it installed and share the results. I had to buy bulk on the material so hope to sell what I don't need to other mudders.

Last edited:
I am working on a near factory looking replacement that is rated to 400F. Will post after I get it installed and share the results.b had to buy bulk on the material so hope to sell what I don't need to other mudders.

I would buy one from you; my original is cracked nearly in half and held together with duct tape.

I am working on a near factory looking replacement that is rated to 400F. Will post after I get it installed and share the results. I had to buy bulk on the material so hope to sell what I don't need to other mudders.

Great news, the material is in and it is a near perfect match to the look and specifications. Heavy Duty, Rubber, Crush Proof, Rated to 400F. The only way I belive you could tell the difference is that it is corregated to the end rather than smooth on both ends like the factory. I should have it installed this weekend and will post pics. I estimate these will cost $25 plus the ride. Much better than the $20 for the stuff from Autozone or dryer vent pipe. Here is just a first look.

image-2988917884.jpg
image-2988917884.jpg
image-558352077.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, me too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom