Advice: 16 or 18 wheels on a 2000 Lexus LX470 w/ Duratrac (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a bit of advice here. I recently bought a 2000 LX470 locally. Runs great, everything works (incl AHC), but it needs new tires.

I have the stock 16" wheels that came with it but a buddy is also letting me try out a set of 18" wheels that came from a 200-series LC. Fit is great, no spacer needed. But they also need new tires.

The tires I'm leaning towards buying are the Duratracs... this will be mostly a ski vehicle and DD so I'm not too worried about sidewall issues... My wheeling is primarily forest service roads, camping, etc.

Based on the above, any advice on keeping the 16s vs. 18s? Ride doesn't feel much different so far. Anyone put 18s on a 100 series and love/hate it? Should I just stick with 16s?

I'd also welcome advice on getting the Duratracs in E rating or not. The Discount Tire guy warned me that it'd be a harsh ride but I haven't seen too many people here complain about it.

Thanks

If your not in the rocks and not worried about sidewall issues then they should be fine. I think the 18's look much better IMO but some would say the 16's are better for airing down if youre hardcore wheeling.

E rated 10 plys will give you a stiffer ride. I suggest trying to find the D or C ply rated tires.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom