Advance Adapters part time conversion mass buy (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can anyone confirm that the 105 series is a long or short body?
Is the 105 considered the HZJ7 ?

Last edited:
I'd like to know how many of us with 315s and the usual armor junk can actually activate the ABS on dry pavement! On an icy/snowy pavement, sure but on a dry pavement, I don't see it happening. That's why I keep saying that if you want ABS for weather related issues, lock up the hubs and you're good to go. IMHO, the ABS point is moot.

The ABS on the 93 and 94 suck. I really do not think the ABS works that well on the 95-97. ABS works a whole lot better on the 100 series. 4 channel with a electric booster is soooooo much better than the 80 series. That said, I would not give up full time for anything. It work great when I need it and the conditions are right. I am still young enough to still pull the drive line in a short amount of time and install it in even quicker time.
I really do wish Toyota had done a bit better home work and designed a multi mode t-case for the Land crusier.
I still would not do this mode to my truck. But I can see the appeal.
Robbie

Robert: grow a pair: I'm 35 and have been wrenching day and night on my rig.

:flipoff2: :hillbilly: :wrench:

Mooahaha.:D That's because you don't have a real job!:flipoff2:

I still would not do this mode to my truck. But I can see the appeal.
Robbie[/QUOTE]

Why not?

As I stated before, I really like the way the full time vehicle handles. It handles so much better than a 2 wheel drive truck when driveing on vareing conditions, even on dry roads. Then if I want I can lock the center for better control on not so good of conditions(after the front drive shaft is in).

With you living in Hawaii, I can see the appeal of this. But with as much as I travel and the different conditions I see, I will stick with the full time system with Hubs and remove or add my front drive shaft when I want.

As I stated before, I really like the way the full time vehicle handles. It handles so much better than a 2 wheel drive truck when driveing on vareing conditions, even on dry roads. Then if I want I can lock the center for better control on not so good of conditions(after the front drive shaft is in).

With you living in Hawaii, I can see the appeal of this. But with as much as I travel and the different conditions I see, I will stick with the full time system with Hubs and remove or add my front drive shaft when I want.

Thanks, sounds like you have the best of both worlds. I would go with a system like that but I'm to lazy to deal with the DS all the time.
Do you have a DC front driveshaft or stock?

I'll make some calls in the morning and get some prices.....

put me down as a maybe without hubs.

The only reason I would consider this would be to run the beafy front axles that can't handle daily driving. Would spinning the axles without any load still wear on the axles? (part time TC with no hubs)

Spoke with AA today, gave them the approximate number of orders. They will give us price options tomorrow.

We can either wait till they do their monthly order(6-8 weeks) and avoid shipping from OZ. Or we can order earlier and pay the freight.
They will give us prices both ways.

I'd like to know how many of us with 315s and the usual armor junk can actually activate the ABS on dry pavement! On an icy/snowy pavement, sure but on a dry pavement, I don't see it happening. That's why I keep saying that if you want ABS for weather related issues, lock up the hubs and you're good to go. IMHO, the ABS point is moot.

You know I had not really thought of it like that, but you're right. I tried today. The 80 brakes do not have that much power. It's close-there is enough braking to get the start of a howl, but no lock up.

The other funny thing is that I had not driven the 80 in several months and the difference in braking between the 62 and the 80 is striking. (80 wins going away).

Ok, Here is the deal. When need a minimum of 8 orders. AA will pay the freight from OZ. Only shipping we pay is from AA to your door. $15-20 I'm told. We also get 10% off regular pricing. PM me and I will give you the contact info at AA so you can order direct from our contact.

Since I can't remember details very well, what's the regular price? What you posted in the first post?

Yep, I waiting for confirmation on that but what I was originally told was $375 w/o hubs and $585 with hubs. I'll find out for sure in the morning.

Sweet. Definitely let us know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom