Advance Adapters part time conversion mass buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Silverhorse I am in for sure! Let me know via pm when you are ready to order. Thanks Robert Muniz... P.s., I want the partime kit without the hubs. I have 60 series hubs that I rebuilt, these will work as long as I cut the new groove with my longer 97 birfs, right?

Correct.

Silverhorse I am in for sure! Let me know via pm when you are ready to order. Thanks Robert Muniz... P.s., I want the partime kit without the hubs. I have 60 series hubs that I rebuilt, these will work as long as I cut the new groove with my longer 97 birfs, right?

Robert:

I have the same set up. My birfs at a machinist as we speak.

The length of your birfs are 246.5mm. You will need to have a new groove machined 13mm down from the top, the groove should be 3mm in width and you can use a normal 80 series c-clip for fitment with the 60 series Aisin hubs.

guys, what year(s) and model(s) aisin hubs will work with this mod?

Thanks guys for the quick response! Let me throw one more at you guys. What about the longs and Newf birfs, they are the same dimension/length as the newer 95-97 birfs, right? In otherwords, I would have to cut the the new c-clip grove on these too, right? Thanks guys, sorry to bug with questions that have been answered plenty of times. I've been working (sch. maintenance) on my cruiser for the past 4-5 hours and getting to number 6 spark plug got my back kinda sore ;). I am 29 years too old :D.

EDIT: Count me in 100%.

Where do I put my CC number?

Last edited:
95% interested.

Is this the same kit that Slee sells?

Mark's kit is the same one that Slee sells as a package with the AVM hubs.

The second link that Silverhorse provided is another distributor of a similar product. They ship to your door for about $350 USD.

Robert: grow a pair: I'm 35 and have been wrenching day and night on my rig.

:flipoff2: :hillbilly: :wrench:

Robert: yes, these will work well with Longs. IIRC, you need to talk to Bobby about what you are doing. IIRC, he only warranties his birfs/axles if you use 30 spline Aisins. Like I said, you need to talk with him. I went with new, earlier style birfs: 43405-60120 (for the 1991-1992 rigs without ABS rings).

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the quick response! Let me throw one more at you guys. What about the longs and Newf birfs, they are the same dimension/length as the newer 95-97 birfs, right? In otherwords, I would have to cut the the new c-clip grove on these too, right? Thanks guys, sorry to bug with questions that have been answered plenty of times. I've been working (sch. maintenance) on my cruiser for the past 4-5 hours and getting to number 6 spark plug got my back kinda sore ;). I am 29 years too old :D.

Any 30 spline Aisin hubs will work: FJ60/62 and even mini truck models. If you were really cool, you would order the correct 105 series hubs that CDan can get for you straight from Australia.

:steer:

First, I want to thank beno for chiming in on this thread !:)He's very knowledgeable about the subject and a great asset to this forum. Thank you sir!course figure shipping into that.

Hey, I'm no expert on anything...I'm just learning as I go and as I do research.

The interwebs rule because the Australians were doing these mods 10 years ago.

The hub question is an interesting one.

The best option is the offshore Toyota H**80 hubs to get the maximum spline engagement. Rumor has it that Cruiserdan has these in stock (and I want a pair).

The FJ60 hub option would result in a shorter spline engagement, but you could upgrade the interface with the Longfield hub gears.

It is unclear to me which option would be stronger.

Considering the group buy, but the loss of ABS seems like a bad thing.

The hub question is an interesting one.

The best option is the offshore Toyota H**80 hubs to get the maximum spline engagement. Rumor has it that Cruiserdan has these in stock (and I want a pair).

The FJ60 hub option would result in a shorter spline engagement, but you could upgrade the interface with the Longfield hub gears.

It is unclear to me which option would be stronger.

Considering the group buy, but the loss of ABS seems like a bad thing.

Bull****. You care enough about ABS as I care about brussel sprouts!!

Cruiserdan does not have the 105 series hubs in stock. But they are available in the United States at the Japan (Ontario, CA) warehouse. They are not cheap--a pair will put you at roughly $600. But they do have the correct scalloped hub mating interface.

I have the FJ60 hubs and I don't think there will be an issue.....Cruiserdrew will tell me on the Rubicon.

:D

[hijack]
Another question... I have FJ62 hubs... Will the longfield gears allow me to run longer birfs?
[/hijack]

[hijack]
Another question... I have FJ62 hubs... Will the longfield gears allow me to run longer birfs?
[/hijack]

FJ60/62 hubs are the same--30 spline fit that will fit a 238.5mm birf. If you get the Longfield hub gears, they will be an OEM fit into the FJ60/62 manual hubs.

Bull****. You care enough about ABS as I care about brussel sprouts!!

Cruiserdan does not have the 105 series hubs in stock. But they are available in the United States at the Japan (Ontario, CA) warehouse. They are not cheap--a pair will put you at roughly $600. But they do have the correct scalloped hub mating interface.

I have the FJ60 hubs and I don't think there will be an issue.....Cruiserdrew will tell me on the Rubicon.

:D

Dude--I loves my ABS!

That's really the only downside to a part time t-case thing.

I also dig the idea of the real-deal hubs from Cruiserdan.

Too bad the ABS is driven by the birfield ring, because it means that any bypass of the rotating hub assembly means the ABS will not work. If the front were set up like the rear, this would not be an issue.

Anyway, the practical side of me says that the 60 series hubs are the way to go, with the Longfield hub gears and remachining the grove for the c-clip in the birfield.

Dude--I loves my ABS!

That's really the only downside to a part time t-case thing.

I also dig the idea of the real-deal hubs from Cruiserdan.

Too bad the ABS is driven by the birfield ring, because it means that any bypass of the rotating hub assembly means the ABS will not work. If the front were set up like the rear, this would not be an issue.

I wonder if there's some way of retrofitting a sensor ring to another part somewhere? rotor or hub maybe? Would it even work?

i didnt see any one anwser the mini truck hub question, will they work?

As far as I know all toyota Aisin 30 spline hubs are the same, mini truck included. The only difference is the IFS hubs, they are 27 spline. And that can be changed by swapping the inner hub gear to Longfields or stock 30 spline.
TOYOTA INNER HUB GEARS - Longfield Super Axles

There is a stock toyota hub that will work on the longer birf equipped rigs without having to re-groove or swap to the shorter birf. It's the asco/aisin hub that came on 8/75-12/78 FJ 40 and 55's it's very difficult to find and is not in production anymore. (It's pictured in my avatar)

As far as I know all toyota Aisin 30 spline hubs are the same, mini truck included. The only difference is the IFS hubs, they are 27 spline. And that can be changed by swapping the inner hub gear to Longfields or stock 30 spline.
TOYOTA INNER HUB GEARS - Longfield Super Axles

There is a stock toyota hub that will work on the longer birf equipped rigs without having to re-groove or swap to the shorter birf. It's the asco/aisin hub that came on 8/75-12/78 FJ 40 and 55's it's very difficult to find and is not in production anymore. (It's pictured in my avatar)

You are correct about the Mini-truck hubs. They are the same as FJ60 and would work the same.

The other stock hub that works is the one that came on some later diesel 80 series overseas. Cruiserdan can source these, and they are the correct hub, but they are $$$$.

I had a pair of those FJ55 hubs around somewhere-gotta look for those and see if they would fit.

Cramer was kind enough to include a FAQ thread on Aisin hubs for 40/55 folks.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/127907-lock-out-101-faq.html

Essentially the idea hubs are the 55 long body's or the 105 hub. Anything 55 will be rare and spendy, although cheaper than new. Any 30 spine will work but you'll have to figure out the second groove or change to the early birfs. IFS hubs will work with Bobby Long's chromo hub gear. If you're planning on running Long's get the chromo gear, you break a standard gear or hub and tear up the outer splines no drive flange or hub will get you home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom