Active LC owners in Michigan? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

According to Olive - "Open to ALL LC's, it just started as a 40 relay. I'd really like to see as many as possible for a group pick....and first round is on me!!!”

So we got free beer. Which is a good thing.

I’m coming down from the North to a wedding in Lansing on Saturday the 8th. I’ll drive the Cruiser and hope that the gathering time in Marshall is earlier in the day so i can have a few beers with the gang before heading off to the wedding.

I wish i could come and partake. But this just so happens to fall on my "Christmas with gun's" holiday meaning opening day of duck season. So i will be over in Saginaw that weekend.

On a side note i did a little exploring in my area last weekend. The Allegan state game area is full of seasonal roads. So i went for about a 3 hour tour (pun intended) and found lots of fun roads to explore. Now i still need to speak to a DNR official and make sure that it is 100% legal to do this. BTW from the information i collected at a DNR headquarters it is. So just to stay on the safe and legal side of it i would like to have that convo. Anyways the roads are not anything crazy. Just fun to go for a drive. I did find a few that were more of a 2 track than a seasonal road. So if any of you guys would like to head over just let me know and i will expedite that convo with Mr. Green jeans.

I wish i could come and partake. But this just so happens to fall on my "Christmas with gun's" holiday meaning opening day of duck season. So i will be over in Saginaw that weekend.

On a side note i did a little exploring in my area last weekend. The Allegan state game area is full of seasonal roads. So i went for about a 3 hour tour (pun intended) and found lots of fun roads to explore. Now i still need to speak to a DNR official and make sure that it is 100% legal to do this. BTW from the information i collected at a DNR headquarters it is. So just to stay on the safe and legal side of it i would like to have that convo. Anyways the roads are not anything crazy. Just fun to go for a drive. I did find a few that were more of a 2 track than a seasonal road. So if any of you guys would like to head over just let me know and i will expedite that convo with Mr. Green jeans.
Oh man, I forgot about the duck opener! I probably will still be able to blast away at daylight, go to the meet up, and then miss the evening hunt, then Sunday hunt again. That is a tough one though.

As far as the Allegan game area goes, I think the only stuff you can't go on is marked as such, but I agree that the talk with a CO is a good idea. One of my good friends is a Biologist and supervisor of 3 game areas near me and he is always complaining about people going where they aren't supposed to, but I know those areas are clearly marked.

Oh man, I forgot about the duck opener! I probably will still be able to blast away at daylight, go to the meet up, and then miss the evening hunt, then Sunday hunt again. That is a tough one though.

As far as the Allegan game area goes, I think the only stuff you can't go on is marked as such, but I agree that the talk with a CO is a good idea. One of my good friends is a Biologist and supervisor of 3 game areas near me and he is always complaining about people going where they aren't supposed to, but I know those areas are clearly marked.

I have spoke to a friend who works for the DNR and he says we are legal and i happen to know the guy that runs the road commission and has said it was as well. But both have mentioned to get that blessing from a CO. Which is not a big deal cuz i work with them on occasions.;)

I have spoke to a friend who works for the DNR and he says we are legal and i happen to know the guy that runs the road commission and has said it was as well. But both have mentioned to get that blessing from a CO. Which is not a big deal cuz i work with them on occasions.;)
That's cool you are on top of it. I'm not sure why but it seems like too many people in Michigan tend to go in places where they aren't supposed to. There are lots of places we can go but if the willing violator types keep it up, there wont be much. If people played it in a more trustworthy way, we might get more access. If 4 wheeling groups organized as well as the Michigan Snowmobilers Association, we'd be stylin'

I 100% agree. That's how the whole Drumond island trails were created. I feel the other problem with diminishing trail systems is the folks that just want to go fast. Now don't get me wrong i love speed in the right environment. The category of people i'm talking about, whom we all have seen are the types that smash the skinny pedal with their head out the window staring backwards at the "really cool rooster tail" saying hold my beer. LOL

H20Fuzz, It looks like the TwoTrackers 4x4 club out of Grand Rapids is having a Wheelin' for the Cure ride through Allegan State Forest on Sept 26th at this link... Events – Two Trackers Not sure if I will make it, my son plays soccer Sat morns., but it would be great if a couple of 'yotas showed up to "represent".

H20Fuzz, It looks like the TwoTrackers 4x4 club out of Grand Rapids is having a Wheelin' for the Cure ride through Allegan State Forest on Sept 26th at this link... Events – Two Trackers Not sure if I will make it, my son plays soccer Sat morns., but it would be great if a couple of 'yotas showed up to "represent".
That's awesome. I will check my calendar and more so the boss and see if that weekend will be free but I am afraid my sons might have rocket football in the am

It looks like the Two Trackers event page shows the event happening Sat, Sept 26, 2015. The only way I found this out was by looking at my calendar to see if I could make it...and the 26th falls on a Monday, so I checked their page.

@HT0fuzz, I live in Ludington but work/stay in Battle Creek often for work. Not sure of your availability, but if you're up for doing some exploring during the week, I'd meet up with you.

Cheers!

Just realized I missed the Cruiser rally yesterday. I ended up in the office.

Just realized I missed the Cruiser rally yesterday. I ended up in the office.
Bummer. I was hoping you could make it. It was great meeting the people that were there. Yet another cool thing about mud that we all took note of , members are really great in real life too!
We really have to try to keep it rolling so hopefully the next event will work out for you.:beer:

I really wanted to go, but;
1) I forgot it was this past weekend.
2) I had some emergencies at work that needed fixing on Saturday.
I guess #1 played a bigger role, but it still would have been more fun that #2.

Hey guys....didn't know this club existed. I'm near Holland, MI. I have an 80 and a 100. Had a 40, but sadly it's gone. I'll keep an eye out for get together and events.

IMG_1211.JPG

Hey guys....didn't know this club existed. I'm near Holland, MI. I have an 80 and a 100. Had a 40, but sadly it's gone. I'll keep an eye out for get together and events.

View attachment 1338656
Glad you found the group! Nice LX. I'd like to hear your opinion on the 100 series. Been trying to convince my wife to go backward in years from a 2011 4runner to a little older 100 series, but she doesn't see my logic (few do!). The 4runner is great, but it still isn't a cruiser.

We do need another group meet up soon. Perhaps in Grand Rapids at a brewery or something?

I live in Allegan. If your ever in the area hit me up. Lets do a big meet up sometime. There is a pretty good local brewery in Allegan and then we have the state game area for cruising prior to the drinks.

I've had my 100 for about 6 years and love it. It doesn't leak, it's quiet, lots of power, and the most comfortable ride I've ever had. With all that said it has bumpers, winch, headers, lift, etc, so that's pretty enjoyable too.

I picked up my 80 from a local buddy who's on mud as he's moved on to a 100 series. I can't stop driving it, I absolutely love it. It has the magic dial, lift, metal HG, PHH, ARP studs, exhaust, front bumper, etc.

I would be down for either wheeling in the Allegan forest and/or meeting up in GR for some brews.

Max

I've had my 100 for about 6 years and love it. It doesn't leak, it's quiet, lots of power, and the most comfortable ride I've ever had. With all that said it has bumpers, winch, headers, lift, etc, so that's pretty enjoyable too.

I picked up my 80 from a local buddy who's on mud as he's moved on to a 100 series. I can't stop driving it, I absolutely love it. It has the magic dial, lift, metal HG, PHH, ARP studs, exhaust, front bumper, etc.

I would be down for either wheeling in the Allegan forest and/or meeting up in GR for some brews.

Max
Sounds like a very cool 100 series, exactly what I am talking about! So your 80 sounds like it has been bullet proofed and ready for a turbo? Boost is real nice.

I live in Allegan. If your ever in the area hit me up. Lets do a big meet up sometime. There is a pretty good local brewery in Allegan and then we have the state game area for cruising prior to the drinks.

Kind of a motivator to do sooner rather than later; Nov 15 being the gun opener for deer, probably would be considerate to do a game area cruise before that date. Bow season and bird hunting is going now but a lot less hunters to annoy at least. Or do after Nov 30th too.

Yeah good point. Bullets flying around isn't great for wheeling either. I'm up for a weekend between now and then. I haven't found any great spots in Allegan to wheel, hoping you (H2O) know of some in the Forrest.

Are you turbo charged? I have some experience with turbo charging I6s In fact, going to a Supra meet up in Grand Ledge this weekend.

IMG_1229.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom