Active LC owners in Michigan? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spotted a 100 series on M/T tires today in Kalamazoo, anyone here?

I have yet to see another LC since owning mine. And trust me I've been looking. I work in Kazoo and haven't seen that one.

Very few Cruisers in my little town of Greenville. I usually only see my daughter driving our white 97. Funny thing the other day, I saw a white 80 coming towards me on the road and I'm waving thinking it was my daughter and it was an LX450, amazing!
When I went to Colorado a few weeks ago, I thought I'd see sweet Cruisers everywhere and I saw a total of three 80 series besides mine (all mostly stock), and one 40, one 55. Saw quite a few 100's coming North as I was going south because Hundreds in the Hills just ended. Surprisingly little though for roaming Colorado for seven days.

How about we just set up a meet and greet somewhere in Grand Rapids...unless someone else has a different preferred location. I'm about 1.5 hours north of GR, but will happily make the drive.

How about we just set up a meet and greet somewhere in Grand Rapids...unless someone else has a different preferred location. I'm about 1.5 hours north of GR, but will happily make the drive.
Sounds good to me. Just meeting up once would be a great place to start. I have my 80 kind of tore apart right now but I hope to be rolling again inside of a week so that's no big deal. I'm open to whanever and will try to make it, I think we could have a pretty cool group representing MI.

Anybody else have some thoughts?

I'd be game. I'm really pumped for this weekend Timber crawl and seeing a few cruisers.

I’m in Traverse City. Work takes me to GR and Lansing about every week. Let me know if there’s a get together. I can’t make the Timber crawl this weekend. I’ve got a gig in Suttons Bay at a winery and can’t back out. Cheers - Tim

Hey guys - just wanted to say hello. Primary residence is NW Chicago suburbs, but spend a lot of time in St. Jo as of last summer. Daily driver is an FJ Cruiser, but just picked up a '71 FJ40. It is gonna need a lot of work. Just reading up as much as I can on this forum stumbled here. Hope to try and make an event in the future. High priority is trying to get to the dunes this year if I can. Might try to make a quick run up there sometime soon to check it out. Anyway - hope to meet a few of you guys in the future.

Awesome! We are trying to figure out a weekend this fall to maybe finds some trails in the U.P. Or northern lower.

Hey guys - just wanted to say hello. Primary residence is NW Chicago suburbs, but spend a lot of time in St. Jo as of last summer. Daily driver is an FJ Cruiser, but just picked up a '71 FJ40. It is gonna need a lot of work. Just reading up as much as I can on this forum stumbled here. Hope to try and make an event in the future. High priority is trying to get to the dunes this year if I can. Might try to make a quick run up there sometime soon to check it out. Anyway - hope to meet a few of you guys in the future.
Good to hear from another Cruiserhead. Love to see some pics of your 40. I've been looking for one but have either missed being in time for the smoking deal or not had the funds. One of these days I'll get one. Actually had a 73 for a very short time from a trade but I knew it wasn't worth putting money into. So for now it's the 80 series for me. My wife has a 5th gen 4runner but we've considered switching to the fj Cruiser cause i believe it will become quite the rarity as time passes.

It's not much to look at now. I haven't done anything to it yet. Towed it home and parked it in the garage after buying a new battery to get it started. I pulled it out today to snap this pic. Right now I am at the research stage of the project, just trying to figure out the best place to start. Not at all mechanically inclined so it will be a learning experience.

DSC08577 (1).jpg

It's not much to look at now. I haven't done anything to it yet. Towed it home and parked it in the garage after buying a new battery to get it started. I pulled it out today to snap this pic. Right now I am at the research stage of the project, just trying to figure out the best place to start. Not at all mechanically inclined so it will be a learning experience.

View attachment 1317466

View attachment 1317466
It looks great! From the pic it looks really solid, which will make life easier. I used to restore classic cars for a living and I've seen so many people tear into the project without getting to know the vehicle. Unless you are doing a nut and bolt frame off job, you can slap historic plates and do Hagerty agreed value insurance cheap. Put her on the road and let it tell you what it wants. Everyone and their brother will probably try to buy it from you!

Great looking fj cruiser too!

Checking in.... from St. Joseph, MI. I own a '92, and a '65. FJ80 is bone stock and a daily driver for my son to school. See the post on my FJ40 restoration in the FJ25 area of the forum. Here: I bought a 1966 (6/65) FJ40L 'parts car' to restore I am able to start the FJ40, but need to bleed clutch, brakes, and some elec. work before I can get it running. My wife drives a '08 Sequoia, and the other car is a '13 Subaru Outback...4WD all around at this home. I would love to hit some light trails. I hope to meet up with you all soon. -Gil

I just did a quick tally of the owners and their rigs here in Michigan. 25+ owners and 30+ rigs....that is fantastic! see. .jpg chart.
I know that if I am in the Detroit area some time, I'll want to plan a side trip to see drock2 and his 40s! Let me know of others you may want to add(delete) by PM. Let me know of any errors too...

Michigan TLCs.jpg

Olive a member from Ohio is proposing a meet up in Marshall at the Dark Horse Brewery on Oct. 8th,2016 See the other post on this clubhouse thread. Land Cruiser relay kick off MI. This is a xcountry event starting in Boston going out to California - - it sounds like just because cruisers and cruiser people are cool. We would be a tributary leg contributing to this Boston to Cali route.

This would be easy for most of us in the lower half of lower UP, to get there and not only kick off his xcountry event, but for us, 'Lake Michigan Land Cruisers' clubhouse to get together, meet each other, talk cruisers, and talk future events. Thanks for teeing this one up for us Olive! Wow would it be cool to see 30+ various vintage LCs in one parking lot in Michigan. Probably a first - definitely photo worthy.

Anybody want to 'second' this Marshall get together motion? Also any votes to 'abstain'? Vote early, and often. Now this is startin' to feel like an e-club:)

I second. This is a great idea. There are a ton of us in Michigan and honesty I think Michigan is under-utilized and under-appreciated as a wheeling/expedition area, especially if you go north a tiny bit. We could do some cool get togethers and events too. It's gotta start with a meet up and this is a good one !

Also, thanks @H2OFuzz for trying with the Timbercrawl event. You have made more effort than I so far and I appreciate that too.

Dang I wish i would have found this thread before summer ended. I live in the Lansing area but go to school in Virginia. I got an 80 almost a year ago and proceeded to do OME j springs and everything that goes along with that. Ive bean Lurking for the past month but have now decided to say whats up to my fellow michiganders! Didn't realize there were this many:clap:

My cruiser is out of comission still, but I could bring the FJC instead.
What is the schedule like for 10/8? What time is the meet planned and how late does it run? Might even bring the wife if she wants/can get a day off

I am not an FJ Cruiser anti. They are a member of the Land Cruiser world in my book. Wish I had one.

We do have to hash out details

One of the girls at Dark Horse is a friend of a friend. They are a really cool group, I'm sure they would be happy to help set something up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom