1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accelerator Pedal Sticking!

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by RyRy, Aug 9, 2003.

1. RyRy

RyRy

Gday,

My accelerator pedal in my '78 BJ40 sticks!
    It must be the pedal because if i rev it using the lever where the intake is, it rebounds back to idle speed no problem. I cant work out why its doing this! :(

Any ideas??

Ryan

2. s79bj40

s79bj40

its either the cable or the pedal, so its not too hard to find out which. Disconnect the cable from the pedal, and you'll have your answer.

sam

3. RyRy

RyRy

I Cant work this damn thing out. Is there sposed to be a spring on the pedal, which springs it back to the idle position, like on the brake pedal? I noticed the pedal is connected to a lever type thing with a spring on it, although im not sure if thats what its sposed to do.

I tried disconnecting the pedal from the cable, although im still not sure, as i really dont know what the purpose of that spring is.

4. hammerhead

hammerhead

...the spring should pop the pedal up...

5. RyRy

RyRy

Oh well then that must be my problem. Now i just have to figure out how the hell this spring is sposed to work! Dont suppose anyone can tell me, or has a picture or theirs or anything? Thanks guys

Ryan