AC cond. drip..no water/runoff (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found where the cond. water(A/C) drips from the pan - located on the pass. side near the exhaust. For sometime now I noticed no leakage or spots on the ground where water should be dripping. Being from AZ I figure the little water is evaporating before its reaching the ground. Humidity is high here now and still no water compared to others. So thinking the area inside this pan is clogged, but cant tell after I remove the wheel and a wheel well cover to access this metal pan which is munted on a angle. Is there another way to find a possible water blockage or is this much worse of a problem(mechanically). A few weaks ago I posted where a mechanic said the expansion valve is not working, but opt to change the belts instead. The AC works fine other than a little whistling and higher RPM revs when cycling.
Thanks

Chris
94LC

I'm not sure about the 80 series because i haven't had a problem with mine, but I used to run a stiff wire up the condensation discharge hose to get the crap out. Be sure not to stab the evaporator with the wire. It flows slowly so it tends to clog easily. It will also start to get fungus and smell bad if it can't run out.

Another possibility is that your evaporator is freezing up. If you run the fan on low setting alot, not enough air flows over the evaporator and it will freeze, thus no condensate until it thaws. If the drain is plugged then you may never see water on the ground but in the ps floor board. Try adjusting the thermostat slider and leave the fan on a higher setting. If the a/c is cooloing but seems to take longer to get comfortable, then check your water valve/heater control valve, it may be bad(see the post about that from about a week ago). HTH 8)

An update, looks like I had a clooged tube. One thing I noticed wa the green mold on the evap once I tried to remove the lower half plastic part right behind the glove box. I was able to pull 3 screws and clips which hold it to the upper half but couldnt find the other fastener(s) to take it off completely and clean it. Are there screws behind this assembly to remove completely? Has anyone else had mold or grim on the evap vents? looks pretty nasty, my guess water was trapped in the lower half.
Chris
94LC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom