AC Belt Tension w/ no tensioner? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My '84 FJ60 with a stock 2F doesn't seem to have any way to tension the AC belt. It's passenger side, just below the power steering pump. I found a thread with some pics, but it did not match my set up. Anyone have any advice?

Look around. There is a lock bolt that holds the tension.

image.jpeg

Your power steering pump is on passenger side? That doesn't sound right.

I'm now realizing I should have put some pics on here... I'm pretty confident the power steering pump is on the passenger side and the alternator is on the driver's side.

IMG_1142.JPG

IMG_1143.JPG

IMG_1144.JPG

Interesting. That is different than all my early to mid 80s 2fs. I have on drivers side on bottom the air pump the above it the power steering pump. Passenger side has ac compressor on bottom and alternator on top. I'm 99 % sure that is the stock set up. I think yours was altered.

It looks like the alternator is where the smog pump should be and the P/S is where the alt should be?? Strange... Maybe genius haha!

Anyway, just jam a pry bar on that compressor for leverage and tighten it up. That should work.

Yes capt close is correct. That may in fact be genius with a desmog and headers. Yes, pry bar of some sort tighten her up and awaaaaay we go (stolen from Jackie Gleason. ..hopefully I'm not the only dude who can remember back that far.)

Yea I figured it was not stock. Thanks for the help. I will get busy will our old friend leverage and get it done.

That's the same set up as the 3 FE. There is no tensioner. It is a little difficult to get it adjusted correctly.

Here the sweat beating heart. I'm not sure how to tell if it's 2F or 2FE. It definitely says 2F on the valve cover. It runs great with the desmog and current set up. The large tubing heads over to my snorkle which exists to look awesome.

IMG_1145.JPG

IMG_1146.JPG

Yep. 2f with modified hanging of the accessories

Lol.. Definitely NOT stock. A 2FE is basically a modified 2F engine made by Frankensteining a 3FE. Essentially, a fuel injected 2F engine. I've never actually seen one so I can't say for certain if yours is or not. Someone should be able to tell us though. Do you see a carb anywhere? Do you have a choke knob next to the instrument light dimmer dial?

Lol.. Definitely NOT stock. A 2FE is basically a modified 2F engine made by Frankensteining a 3FE. Essentially, a fuel injected 2F engine. I've never actually seen one so I can't say for certain if yours is or not. Someone should be able to tell us though. Do you see a carb anywhere? Do you have a choke knob next to the instrument light dimmer dial?

Well.. You guys beat me to it haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom