Abuse of the "service dog" laws (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

^+1

There are both good examples and bad examples. Many places that I've been to in the city have dog friendly patios. I agree, that like children, it is very dependent on how well behaved the dog is for how it's portrayed. If I didn't have such confidence in the discipline through training that I have established, I would never dream of taking the dog anywhere. She lays at my feet. Doesn't try to eat anyone's food. Doesn't bark. I wish children were so well behaved. I always try to find a table on the side so anyone with allergies or fears won't have a problem.

I would never dream of pretending that she is a service dog. I can see certain situations being problematic. In fact I've taken her into target once on a trip out of town. She stayed right at my side. No issues. What are you supposed to do if you can't leave them at home or in the car?

People need to have some personal responsibility and teach their dogs (and children) manners. And we will all be fine.

I travel full time with my dogs, two cairn terriers. They don't bark, and are under control 100% in public. I do not tolerate misbehavior. I look at it as it's a privilege to have my dog in some places such as Home Depot, outside eating areas, etc. The problem comes from the people who inconvenience others with their animals. This can be having too many, too loud, or simply allowing the dog to mess on a floor. My only wish is that people actually kept their kids as controlled as I keep my dogs in public. Dogs are more hygienic than children, you can't catch the flu from Fido....BUT you can from snotty nosed Jimmy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom