ABS Removal. Resue Tee? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there a reason not to reuse the Tee under the master cylinder?
I would reuse the fitting off the old lines that went to the tee, cut off the ABS fittings and double flare the fitting to the lines?

I have a metric double flare tool from Auto Zone. It goes has a spot for 4.75mm. Will it work? Are the lines 4.75mm?

I do not have the Toyota Tee and dont want to wait a week to order one.

Do I need some sort of Teflon tape or pipe dope on all of the fittings when hooking them up?

10549694794_ad8df4d5a6_h.jpg

If I order a Toyota Tee or use one from pic, which type of fitting are used with each from 2nd pic? The one from the right or left?

giRU4OSh.jpg

010-2-jpg.604167

Did the entire abs delete and LSPV delete in one shot without purchasing a new part! I reused everything except flare nuts. I did buy a couple if those from napa.

If followed a thread on here about removing LSPV and ABS delete the person did a great job writing it up. I purchased a double flare tool (I also think its called inverted Flare Tool) from NAPA, a small Tube Cutter and a bender. the tube cutter might have come with Flare Tool. The hardest part of the entire job was flaring the lines while they are on the truck. In the write up the person used a adjustable proportioning valve for the rear. I do not think it is necessary. My 93 stops very flat with 275 X 16. I can lock up the brakes if I want to. Night and day difference in petal feel and brake control. Im in the Northeast and it takes a little getting use to driving in snow with brakes that will lock up.

I read same thread, just wanted to be sure I had proper flaring tool (double flare).

I think you are good to go. Once done bleed brakes and be amazed. My truck stops 100% better then it did before. It is amazing. I think the entire project took two hours tops.

So did you take a test drive yet? You will be amazed.

I hooked it up backwards (from other post) but brakes still worked. I can lock up the brakes now. Never could before on pavement.

.not sure how much difference it makes since its 50/50 but imo I wouldn't leave it like that but who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom