About to address blown head gasket, torn on rebuilding bottom end... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just bought a very clean locked 80. 1993 in maroon over brown cloth. 239xxx miles. Heres what I know:
The owners wife drove the truck and was too stupid to check the oil level. By the time she parked it due to "ticking" it sat for a year and when being recommissioned was found to be 4 quarts low on oil!

The truck runs decent but there is white smoke coming of the tailpipe. Time for a head gasket!

I actually scored a new OEM bare head and misc gaskets/valvestems etc. off craigslist for 650 bucks.

The truck should get new rings at a minimum in addition to a new(ish) head and gasket.
I say this because I pulled the oil cap and detected a bit of white smoke- blowby, I would think...

I hear such great things about the bottom end of the 1fz-fe. There is no knock or anything like that and im wondering if I can proceed with a new head/gasket/rings alone or if I would be crazy not to rebuild the entire long block.

I will post pictures of the truck and list my other locked 80 once this truck is on the road...

3500 for parts gaskets and machining is what it took to completely rebuild my engine. Can be seen in my build thread including a list of expenses

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom