A/T KO2 ugly? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Interestingly, the sidewall was developed for functionality, not purely for "looking cool". Same sidewall on their race KR2 tire and don't be surprised if a new KM has it as well.

I think that they're anything BUT flashy. I just put a set on my 40 and had to chose amongst a whole spread of sidewall appearances that are far more flashy than these.

It was really a tough choice too, for as you can see from my avatar I don't miss many opportunities to add bling to my truck...;)

Thank goodness they beefed up the sidewalls on the KO2 like they did.

That was the main weakness of the old KOs.

I think they are very ugly. They look cheaper than the old version and like they are just trying to look cool to the mall crawler kids.

I'm sure they are fine tires though.

I think they are very ugly. They look cheaper than the old version and like they are just trying to look cool to the mall crawler kids.

I'm sure they are fine tires though.

We were in Baja last week, chasing for Canguro Racing. 70mph on the road from Coco's north, ON race course, with my 7000#+ 80-series, hitting 4" rocks and ledges...even airborne once.

KO2's, Mall tested :)

Best tires I have ever owned. Did not expect it though. I was just really frustrated with the KO ( in my opinion the worst winter tire on the market) and returned them to Discount Tire . They took them back and suggested the KO2. I took their advice and ended up with the best gripping tire I have ever owned

I like the conservative, classic looks of the KO better, but the KO2 is definitely a better tire. That side tread does come into play when aired down a little. I actually searched for a set of KOs for my Excursion until I found them, but its just used on the street and to tow. For the 62 that I wheel, I wanted the KO2s.

This thread is not about how awesome the KO2s are. It is about how ugly they are. :flipoff2::flipoff2:

This thread is not about how awesome the KO2s are. It is about how ugly they are. :flipoff2::flipoff2:
LOL I hear you. Let me put it this way, in my opinion, they are uglier than the KOs, but less ugly than Nittos, Duratracs, and just about all the other "hardcore" ATs out there.

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think their performance is what make these just gorgeous. I don't see them when I'm in the cab , but I still appreciate them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom