A little help with a free soft top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Newbee here but longtime FJ-40 owner. Received this free soft top collection with no instructions and am wondering what did I get? The piece with the windows is labeled a Kayline while the bikini top has tag, "Custom Made By Diana". The bikini top has the "rope" edge on one side with snaps on the corners. Not sure how the snaps would work. On the other end of the bikini top are grommets on the corners.

I know I need to purchase a window top channel but am unsure of how the end with the grommets would fasten. The big unknown is the windowed piece. It has Velcro straps on all sides. Have no idea how it is installed.

Any ideas or does anyone have instructions for a Kayline/STC soft top on an JF40?

2016-04-26 08.31.52.jpg

2016-04-26 08.33.42.jpg

2016-04-26 08.35.23.jpg

2016-04-26 08.36.11.jpg

Bikini top, duster, soft half doors. No instructions needed.

Doors bolt to existing hard door hinges. Duster attaches to back side of roll cage. Bikini attaches to windshield with aftermarket rail and is pulled over roll cage and tied down to footman loops or other attachment points.

Last edited:
^^^^^ agreed. But the bikini top looks to be missing the straps. There does appear to be snaps on all 4 corners? Not familiar with that setup.

I would consider taking it to an upholstery shop and have them sew webbing straps and buckles to the backside to allow it to attach as mentioned above.

Yeah, looks like perhaps there are grommets on the back of the bikini top. Straps sewn to the rear corners of the top work better.

Install male snaps to the outside top corners of the windshield, located to suit the female snaps on the bikini top, to help hold the top in the rail or channel and keep the corners from flapping.

^^^^^ agreed. But the bikini top looks to be missing the straps. There does appear to be snaps on all 4 corners? Not familiar with that setup.

I would consider taking it to an upholstery shop and have them sew webbing straps and buckles to the backside to allow it to attach as mentioned above.

Thanks everyone! Great info and ideas for the bikini top. Still confused as to how the duster would work. Just can't seem to visualize it. The front end of the duster would attach to the roll bar but there is nothing to support the back end. Am I missing a bow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom