99 LX470 Nakamichi "Aux Input" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone rigged their 1999 LX470 Nakamichi stereo head unit to input line-level (e.g. from portable music player)?

(Idea 1: The FM modulator works but sound quality is not so good. Idea 2: The cassette adapter works but leaves a wire dangling out, involves moving plastic gears/noise, and leaves the cassette door open for dust ingress.)

Would appreciate any ideas, especially proven ones. (Aside from "replace the head unit".)

Has anyone tried the FM direct-connect idea?

TIA...

Any feedback ? How about Sat. Radio or IPOD integration with the Navigation / radio unit

Any feedback ? How about Sat. Radio or IPOD integration with the Navigation / radio unit

You are the only feedback so far.

The 99 LX470 Nakamichi does not have Nav or Aux input for ipod or anything else, as far as I'm aware. (It does not have an aux input mode to play an aux input.)

I was looking for ideas for easy hardware hacks.

An FM close-proximity broadcast (to Nakamichi FM antenna) produces inferior sound quality. A dummy cassette input thingy is a kludge that has cheesy gears turning in it the whole time it is in use.

It looks like the thing to do is try an FM direct connect module that pipes the line level into the FM coax antenna cable via a special junction box, about $30.

For best sound quality, a whole new head unit with line-level input would do the trick.

It's pretty far down the list right now, so dunno when (if?) I'll ever get around to it.

You don't have the aux. input in the rear for a cd changer? That's where the mass manufactured units tap in.

You don't have the aux. input in the rear for a cd changer? That's where the mass manufactured units tap in.

Haven't excavated the unit/connections to look directly, but the FSM schematics do not show any kind of aux input, for cd changer or anything else.

It seems that the '99 Nakamichi may not be aux-friendly. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom