Builds 97 LX450 Build Thread/Ex (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

New wheels arrived yesterday, a set of 17x9 Stealth F-5s in matte gunmetal. I am getting them mounted up on the 80 tomorrow with 35x12.5 KM2s that i scored for $100 on craigslist. Going to beat these tires into the ground before i pick up a brand new set towards september. Huge shout out to Vin and the crew at SCS for making it all possible to have to wheels here for the upcoming utah trip.

IMG_4602.JPG

Here is a quick picture of the 80 with the new wheels and tires on it, 35x12.5 MTR Kevlars on 17" SCS f-5s. Blasted up to reno straight from work friday afternoon to get them and move into the new house.
img_4612-jpg.1277970

IMG_0102.jpg
IMG_0111.jpg
IMG_0112.jpg
IMG_0142.jpg
IMG_0150.jpg
We made a quick trip up to Signal Peak/Eagle Lakes out of the Fordyce Staging area this sunday. Great little trip, it was kinda hard to get photos of us crawling since we moved at different speeds up the trail. Anyways, it was great fun and want to thank my buddy lucas for taking the pictures.

All right here is a few photos from the Utah/Arizona/Colorado trip. Wishing that Mud would let you do full blown photo dumps :bang: Hoping to have video out soon for everyone to check out what the trip was like!

Utah_Trip-11.jpg

Utah_Trip-21.jpg

Utah_Trip-4.jpg

Utah_Trip-3.jpg
Utah_Trip-7.jpg

Utah_Trip-6.jpg

These photos are from Broken Arrow in Sedona, Arizona. Only reason I fell off the wall in the notch was because it was pouring rain and when 5 people are yelling different things bad things happen

Utah_Trip-61.jpg
Utah_Trip-84.jpg
Utah_Trip-48.jpg

Part of Fins n Things in moab, camping the the La Sal Mountains, and airing up after wheeling Top of the World

Utah_Trip-36.jpg
Utah_Trip-42.jpg

Top of the World with the cruiser and my best friends Lucas, Trevor, Cameron, Me, and Zach. I would not trade this trip for the world. Im sure that i will have more photos to post and the video is coming soon but this is all for now.

Okay knock on wood, but at this moment the "clunk" is gone. After many hours of pulling stuff off and retightening we decided to replace the bushings in the front panhard even though there was no cracking in them. Honestly they didnt look bad at all for how many miles are on the car but we decided to go ahead and replace them anyways. Thankfully Specter Off Road had the bushings in stock. After many hours of using the 12 Ton press, many hammers and chisels, and sockets we got the bushings swapped in the pan hard and the clunk has disappeared. I would definitely not recommend trying to swap the bushings without a press and a lot of time. We completely destroyed the old bushings trying to get them out so it is not possible to determine where the bushing failed. But for now, the clunk has been relieved.

Finally swapped out the dented and basically square rear drive shaft this weekend. Also put new, stronger USA made u-joints in as well. Hoping all holds together better this time.
IMG_4862.JPG

IMG_4861.JPG
Also got my spare SCS F-5 set up on a 35x12.5 KM2.

Super cool photos! You have taken your cruiser all over the place. I need to play catch up next year. :) Sweet rig, I like what you have done so far. Exactly which springs are you running?

I think they are 861s? Ill have to crawl under the truck to check

Well, today i got the first bit of body damage by wrapping the rear fender flair around a pole... Being an idiot taking a super off camber chute from a powerline road. Thankfully it was only the fender flair and not any body damage.

IMG_4865.JPG

Also, does anyone know why the rear locker refuses to engage while moving forward but will engage almost instantly going backwards? I am completely stumped by this

Yesterday we made a quick trip out to Gold Lakes just South West of Greaegle with my roommate Zach to meet up with a large group of Mitsubishi monteros, 4 runners, an X-terra, and another 80. There was a level of skill and ability that was shown to be a vary wide range as some of the other drivers had never wheeled before. Here is a quick photoset of the day...

LR4A7433 by Zach Youngberg, on Flickr
LR4A7449 by Zach Youngberg, on Flickr
LR4A7452 by Zach Youngberg, on Flickr
LR4A7492 by Zach Youngberg, on Flickr
LR4A7487 by Zach Youngberg, on Flickr

Went through some more photos last night from utah and found these from Broken Arrow, where i slipped off the notch. Hopefully we will keep going through more so i can post more.
BCWL9173.jpg
WGKH0986.jpg
LJPG8392.jpg
GAFO8443.jpg

BEAUTIFUL TRUCK!!! this is how I in intend to do my Land Cruiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom